Which CD Player? Marantz CD6002 or Arcam DiVA CD73

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had kind of decided on getting the Marantz CD6002 as my CD player but am finding difficulty in finding it in black to buy for less than €400. For that kind of price I could buy the Arcam DiVA from Superfi in the UK. Has anyone got any opinions as to which would be the better option to go for?

Thanks for your opinions...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If it's to partner the set-up youve below id go for the Arcam CD73 any time, any day!

Its a superb CD player and IMO cant be compared to the Marantz. Different sound, different league!

A

Anonymous

Mark Ellis:Thanks guys. Connection by coaxial or optical?

Analogue RCA in my opinion...the DAC in the Arcam CD73 is superb - don't bypass it!

A

Anonymous

I have been using the arcam cd73 for two years now and find it very good in its price range.

A

Anonymous

If it's an Arcam you want, you should go for a used CD192 which is superior to the CD73 in every regard. Just my 2 cents worth...

A

Anonymous

I'm currently using 6002 and 6months ago have the same problem like you to decide between this 2 cdp. finally i picked 6002 due to financial but aimed CD192 for next upgrade.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I would buy a Beresford DAC, and use your Blu-Ray player and use its digital out. It will be on a par with the CD73
The CD192 is total overkill through a reciever.

A

Anonymous

audioSyok,

Your amplifier deserves better than the Arcam or the Marantz. I'd go for the CDA 823 - best sounding CD player I've heard in a long while.

A

Anonymous

Instead of just 2, you have a choice of 5 now! Isn't life just great...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your suggestions. Some of the players suggested here are well outside budget. I've gone for the CD73 as that is within my budgetary (and wife imposed) constraints...

A

Anonymous

Taksinridgeback:
audioSyok,

Your amplifier deserves better than the Arcam or the Marantz. I'd go for the CDA 823 - best sounding CD player I've heard in a long while.

Yeah i know that, previously i play 6002 with exposure 2010s. just upgrade the amp, and that 6002 will be kicked out of my system as soon as possible. few cdp in my mind 192 is just one of the option.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts