Which cartridge

daytona600

the most asked question of all time of forums what cartridge should i fit to my rega
google is your friend
Best sound & long term investment if budget is spent on a higher priced turntable with a lower priced cartridge
waste of funds upgrading the cartridge on most lower priced decks
RP2 better purchase than a RP1 with a better cartridge at a later date

It would be ideal if I could avoid adding shims/spacers to the tonearm or headshell to raise it and use the simple Rega 3 point fixing to mount the new cartridge.I am not too experienced with ‘complex’ tonearm adjustments and alignments. So the easier to install the better. Also, tweaking VTA is not very easy on Rega turntables as you will have to play around with different shims to get it right. As the Rega Planar tonearm lacks height adjustment (VTA adjustment) and anti-skate and azimuth adjustments, I learned that the selection of cartridges that work great on the Rega Planar is very , very slightly limited.almost as if rega do not want you a fit a better cartridge

Last edited:
the most asked question of all time of forums what cartridge should i fit to my rega
google is your friend
Best sound & long investment if budget is spent on a higher priced turntable with a lower priced cartridge
waste of funds upgrading the cartridge on a lower priced deck
RP2 better purchase than a RP1 with a better cartridge

It would be ideal if I could avoid adding shims/spacers to the tonearmor headshell to raise it and use the simple Rega 3 point fixing to mount the new cartridge.I am not too experienced with ‘complex’ tonearm adjustments and alignments. So the easier to install the better. Also, tweaking VTA is not easy on Rega turntables as you will have to play around with different shims to get it right. As the Rega Planar tonearm lacks height adjustment (VTA adjustment) and anti-skate adjustments, I learned that the selection of cartridges that work great on the Rega Planar 2 is very , very slightly limited.
....along with why does my turntable hum.... :)

daytona600

why does my turntable hum
why does my turntable not have a ground wire
why is it hard to fit another make of cartridge
why do i have a buy a external PSU for speed control
why cant i adjust VTA , Bias and Azimuth
why do 3rd party platters , sub platters , bearings , pulleys , belts , tonearm weights , mats , feet sound better

Last edited:

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Fitted cartridge and all lined up on my ortofon aligner. Does it matter how far forward the cartridge is positioned.

Attachments

• 20210311_114542.jpg
    20210311_114542.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210311_114506.jpg
    20210311_114506.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 8

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
yes that one could not remember the correct name and yes it hits both points as best as my eyes can see. does it matter if its forward like mine or should i move back and re align.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts