Which cable for sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Sony STR-DA2400ES amp and Energy surround speakers .I was wondering which cable (coax i think ) i should be trying out...Can you buy just a single cable or do you have to buy a pair as used between say a cd player and amp...All suggestions welcome ....Bill

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
You don't need two and can connect a single coaxial cable from your amp sub/lfe output to one of the sub inputs.

When I looked at cables the Atlas Equator and Chord Crimson seemed to be the front runners. The Crimson was described in reviews as being leaner, so I got the equator and have been happy.

Between getting the sub and a proper cable I used a standard interconnect so that is possible.

A

Anonymous

I've only seen interconnects for sale in a pair, so does this mean i have to buy a pair and use only one...Might be a silly question if so sorry........Bill

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Cant say as ive tried one as I dont like subs personally

But you might consider a PROFILGOLD OXYPURE sub cable as its pure OCC copper (OFC copper with no grain unlike 99% of other cables)

Going for around 32 quid on ebay

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
KEFMAN:

I've only seen interconnects for sale in a pair, so does this mean i have to buy a pair and use only one...Might be a silly question if so sorry........Bill

No you dont have to buy a pair, they are available as single leads from almost all, if not all Hi-Fi suppliers. Even somewhere like Maplins do them for example Clicky look under the cables heading.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts