Which AV amp should i Choose Yamaha 1065 or Denon 2310

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone advise me on which of the above amps i should choose, i want to listen to music as well as surround sound TV/Movies

they will go into a system that has a Sony W40 4500 TV, KEF KHT3005se speakers and a Cambridge Azure 640c CD player. i have seen the Yamaha advertised at £508 and the Denon at £685

Thanks in advance for any advise

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I haven't heard either of the 2 amps, but I'd expect the Denon to have a smoother sound than the Yamaha. The benefits of the Denon would therefore be that it would sound OK with most audio sources. My preference would be a more dynamic sound which may be harsh with some recordings but get the spine tingling with others, out of the two, I think the Yamaha would fall into the latter category.

A

Anonymous

Jonbates I have the same speaker package as you and have also recently received the 2310. I think the Denon 2310 and Kef 3005SE's sound excellent together, but thats just my opinion. To be honest I haven't heard the Yamaha to make a direct comparison either. I think you'll find the majority of people here would advise you to audition both receivers and find your personal preference.

A

Anonymous

If you're not from the uk,I think it's better to go for the Yamaha.

A

Anonymous

I have heard the yamaha with radius HD , it is garbage! No dynamics, Detail is ok , lacks punch. It certainly is not worth the price.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
yes 3005 and denon make for a very smooth powerfull sound with lots of detail.certainly much smoother than the reedy yamaha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts