Which Amp Out Of These 4/now possibly 6

toonboy

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi which amp would you buy , i have a dead pioneer a400 and fancy a change , looking at the marantz pearl lite /arcam fmj 19, roksan candy,or rotel 1520, i listen to rock and pop in a room 16x16 i have a pair of monitor audio bx5 and a marantz cd 6004 which do you guys think would go best i will audition when i narrow it down ,also use ipod through cd player thanks.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Rotel RA1520 followed by the Arcam IMO... Both will suit the BX5's and VDP well

However to throw a spanner in take a look at the Rega BrioR and NAD D3020 as well.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have heard most of those apart from the Rotel but I would pick the Creek 50A. The Arcam is good, RK will give you more bass and power best to try them out as only you can really choose.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Only YOU can really help YOU out...

Get some demo's booked and see what you can afford and what sounds best to you.

There are plenty of reviews got amps on here so get reading and wait for the sales ;)

T

the record spot

toonboy said:
come on guys help me out and merry xmas

Compliments of the season and all that but you really need to do a little legwork yourself.

I probably wouldn't touch any of them bar the Creek. The Marantz line is sometimes a tad bass light, the Rotel leaves me cold. The Arcam I'd go up a notch. Depends on your budget though.

toonboy

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the replys ,i will do the leg work once the sales are on , havent heard of the creek a 50 but will try to get an audition , i think my budget will be around 650 .00 max , just worried about the speakers and which will go best thanks again

T

the record spot

No worries, if it was my cash, I'd widen my search and see what else is out there. AV amps included. Better functionality and just as good performance.

matthewpiano

Always worth looking at some of the Japanese kit rather than just trying British stuff. I generally find it offers better value for money.

I'd suggest trying to hear a Pioneer A50 and/or a Pioneer A70. The latest Pioneer range is really quite brilliant.

toonboy

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the replys guys ,cant wait for the sales to start, will look at the pioneers as the 400 was superb , wont look at av as im only concerned with 2 channel stereo , so my list is now six amps with the creek and pioneer will have to do some serious auditions merry xmas all

T

the record spot

I'm only concerned with two channel stereo too. Didn't stop me considering the better AV amps out there. Made the right choice too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts