Which all-in-one mini system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and just wondered if I could get some advice on a new system? I've narrowed my choice down to three- one Sony, one Samsung and one Onkyo. Links are below:

Sony: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CMT-HX80 ... B001B3QMTI/ref=pd_cp_ce_2

Samsung: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MMG35 ... ics&qid=1259437907&sr=1-1

Onkyo: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onkyo-CS-325U ... ics&qid=1259437940&sr=1-6

I know the Oknyo is a great system because of the What Hi-Fi fives stars and other rave reviews and presumably the Sony will be good but not sure on the Samsung because of a lack of reviews. Any thoughts? thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi Remy, have you looked at denon m37dab good little system, i use mine with tannoy f1 speakers and the sound is very good for the money.

Dont quote me but i think whf give it product of the year (2008), you should be able to pick one up for about £180 plus £90 approx fpr the speakers, good luck anyway.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Likewise. Won best all-in-one budget system for 2009 too and still thrilled with mine after 8-months. Can't speak for the Onkyo but would certainly forget the Sony and the Samsung. Waiting to audition the Q Acoustic 2010's at the minute to compare them with my F1's.

A

Anonymous

hmm ok, think i'll forget about the sony and samsung but still interested in the Onkyo and after all the love for the Denon, it does seem worth the extra cash. Richer sounds has some Tannoy F1's at 80 quid plus an extra 25 or so for an Ipod dock and cables so syatem would be nearer £300 then the £200 i kind of wanted to stay under! is it all worth the extra?!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
As it happens I purchased my set up from Superfi and service was excellent. Paid for it by bank transfer rather than card and received it 3 days later.

A

Anonymous

Great, thanks for the advice guys, think ill make a move on the Denon system. Do you think the Tannoy F1's would work well with it? and do you have any recommendations for cables and an ipod dock? Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Tannoys work fine with it. Go for the matching Denon dock and you'll be able to stick to a single remote (just make sure it suits/charges your particular iPod/iPhone). Upgrading the supplied speaker cable to something better - say Chord Carnival SilverScreen - will deliver an even better sound. And don't forget speaker stands, or at least isolation feet if you plan to put the speakers on a shelf.

A

Anonymous

Great advice, thanks Clare! What are isolatio feet?! I am thinking though that the Denon is quite dear for a first time decent system; is it worth the hundred more than an Onkyo CR425? although i have seen a refurbished Denon for 150!

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I have the exact system that Clare recommends and it is fantastic. My speakers are setting on Soundstyle ZII speaker stands. I purchased the Denon, the Tannoy's and the speaker stands from Superfi online and the price and service was unbeatable. Cables were purchased from www.hificables.co.uk again, great service and price The extra money spent on the this system will be well worth it Remy

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Personally I think the Denon is something of a bargain for an entry micro of this quality (I would even say it's a steal at £200). Can't help you with with the Onkyo comparison and the only way you're going to settle that one is to somehow arrange an audition. If you're thinking of mounting your speakers on a bookshelf (assuming that you're final choice of speakers are suitable for such placement ), isolation feet are there to dampen down vibration which causes distortion, boominess, and a muddled sound. However, as soon as funds allow DO invest in some good quality speaker stands; the difference they make is truly phenomenal and that I can't emphasise enough.

A

Anonymous

In August 2009 Onkyo released CS-535 micro system that replaces CS-525. Link: http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/CS-535.html. Question to Claire: are there any plans to review this unit? Has someone of us already bought this one? It would be interesting to know what kind of upgrades they have made and what it sounds like compared to Denon D-M37.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts