WHF Team - which mains cable upgrade for Sky HD? Thanks

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Figured you all at some point will have upgraded the Mains Cables to you're Sky boxes if not at home then in tests.

I have the worlds 'grubbiest' mains and after using a Mains Conditioner can see a lot of noise removal but with all the cables behind the tv i feel there is room for modest improvement.

Looking at:

Clearer Audio Alpha with Fig 8 adaptor

Wireworld 5 with Fig 8 adaptor

Mark Grant Fig 8

Clearer Audio Alpha with Furutech connector

or any others up to £70. See it as a long term investment so all about performance. Will also be looking at Fig 8 for tv.

Big Thanks,

Cookie Monster

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Cookie Monster:
Hi,

Figured you all at some point will have upgraded the Mains Cables to you're Sky boxes if not at home then in tests.

I have the worlds 'grubbiest' mains and after using a Mains Conditioner can see a lot of noise removal but with all the cables behind the tv i feel there is room for modest improvement.

Looking at:

Mark Grant Fig 8

or any others up to £70. See it as a long term investment so all about performance. Will also be looking at Fig 8 for tv.

Big Thanks,

Cookie Monster
Russ Andrews also has a classic figure 8 version- I use RA cables throughout my audio and video components- recommended!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:Cookie Monster:

Hi,

Looking at:

Mark Grant Fig 8

Big Thanks,

Cookie Monster

Russ Andrews also has a classic figure 8 version- I use RA cables throughout my audio and video components- recommended!

Me too. I run Classik Powerkords on my A85, P85 & PV1 (PV1 uses the Powerkord-8), and run Yellos on my CD192, Onkyo, Blu Ray, & TV.

He has his detractors and his stuff ain't cheap, but they're good cables.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes.

Seriously thats not a misprint. My Philips 42PFL7404 uses a Fig 8. Low Power consumption.

Haven't seen any others use it. Even my little 19inch Sammy uses IEC.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
You also have the option of using a standard IEC to fig 8 adaptor (A few quid off ebay), which means you can use a better standard mains cable (Id definitely recommend a 16 core 'braided' type)

TRENDING THREADS