WHF Team Help - New Teac Reference UD-501 DAC

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
WHF Team - I got extremely excited when I saw your news item about the new Teac Reference system being released at the end of this month.

I was just about to blow over a grand on a Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC and then saw that the £699 Teac UD-501 will do all that I want in the form of DSD streaming via USB. There has been some talk here about the new Teac DAC compared to the Mytek and it seems just as good. Only trouble is, nobody seems to know anything about it! It's on Teac's UK website, it's clearly already been released in the far east, but Onkyo, the UK distributor knew nothing about it when I rang up. Please can you try to get some update from Teac/Onkyo as to when I can get my hands on one in the UK, all those dsf files on my PC are dying to be played through it!

Thanks. :cheers:

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Requested first dibs on the complete system for a Gramophone review as soon as I got the initial press release, and review samples were due imminently at that time.

But I gather from the Onkyo/TEAC UK PR person that so far only the CD player has arrived (at least with him).

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andrew.

I hope they don't make me wait too long, my Rega DAC and V-Link 192 are going up for auction this weekend!

Out of interest, have you heard the Mytek streaming DSD?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the DAC 1000 remains a Japan exclusive.

A very detailed--some may say clinical--DAC, from what I've briefly heard in store. I quite like it.

T

the record spot

EDIT: Deleted, just checked the WHF piece, ooo nice!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts