WHF Reviews: Can we have a new category?

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Dear What Hi-Fi,

I was wondering if we could have a category in the reviews for 'DACs + Headphone amps'? Currently there is one for 'DACs' and one for 'Headphone amps' but combined devices are scattered between both categories and are difficult to find at a glance.

Please, please, please can we have a mega-test on these combined DACs + Headphone amps in a future mag? They seem to be getting a lot more popular lately. If you would consider ever doing this I would love to see some of the following models in there?

● Fiio D5

● Lindy USB DAC

● Fiio E17

● Audinst HUD-MX1

● Aune mini DAC X1

● IBasso D7

● Arcam rPAC

● Yulong U100

● Audioengine D1

● Firestone Fubar 4 Plus

● Yulong D100 mkII

● Practical Devices XM6

● CEntrance DACport

● Asus Xonar Essence One

● Nuforce Icon HDP

● Matrix Quattro DAC

● Fostex HP-P1

● Govibe PortaTube+

● Firestone Libby

● Burson HA-160DS

And if you could compare any new models with the ones you have already reviewed that would amazing!:

● Fiio E7

● Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus

● Matrix Mini i

● TEAC UD-H01

● Audiolab M-DAC

● HRT Headstreamer

A

Anonymous

:) Wellthat is a good idea Quadpatch, (Great Handle that!)

You certainly are a fan of that combination, and you obviously know what you are talking about.

For what it is worth, I agree with you so my vote you have M8. :grin:

A

Anonymous

Yes..very thoughtfull idea,we need it really.WHF pls consider our request.

Quadpatch- Appreciate your hard work,saw u r comparison table too,awesome.
Could u pls recommend me a Headphone amp and dac combo pls.
I already have a v-dac and v-psu,is it worth buying seperate headphone amp &dac combo?? or just by a headphone amp and use with v-dac??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Your request is heard and noted, but much though we'd like to do all these things, we're rather restricted by a truculent content management system currently limiting our ability to shift things around. We're working on a solution, but can't promise any instant fixes. Sorry...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts