whf pioneer review???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
why does whf bang on about the 428xd so much but has never mentioned the 4280xd. i know they are almost the same but nthing has been in the magazine and a lot of shops only do 4280xd??

A

Anonymous

The screen is identical. The 5 things that the 428xd has over its 'cheaper' brother have not, off the top of my head, been major plus points in any review I have read. So you could go out and buy a 4280xd based on a 428xd review - at least for picture quality.

The Pioneer man at the HiFi show told me that the 4280xd is a 428xd screen inside the body of the older 427xd.

A

Anonymous

the guy at sevenoaks says to me the 428xd is better and he backed it up saying that what hifi like a bargain so if they thought the 4280xd was better value then they would have reviewed it. just lately though im getting swayed towards the panny 42 or 50 pz series. half the price and as i sit close playin games i think the full hd will benefit. im gonna wait out till january sales.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vernonkay1984"]........ if they thought the 4280xd was better value then they would have reviewed i .[/quote]

Don't understand..........I suspect WHFIS&V can only Review TV's that are actually sent to them so in this case perhaps Pioneer only sent them the more expensive one. Nothing wrong though with the 4280XD and if you wait until just after Christmas I have a feeling the price will drop to around £1,299 for this just as they did last year with the 4270XD.

Value for money though in my opinion lies firmly with both Panasonic and Samsung Models. I got the Samsung PS42Q97HDX Plasma for £779 almost half the price of the current 4280XD. OK it's an HD ready TV like the Pioneer but without being able to 1080p feed it like the Pioneer. Don't regret for one minute though getting the Samsung-My SD Pictures from a normal SKYBOX are great-and I sincerely mean that-This particular TV which incidentally I haven't even seen reviewd in WHFIS&V (unless I missed something) is the best value for money 42ins Plasma at the moment and it's picture quality too with something like a Denon DVD 1940 is ....beautiful!

Some advice.Sevenoaks prices are too high. You can buy much cheaper from elsewhere ....PS they're still selling the Denon DVD 1940 for £250 which you can now get for £180 from Richer Sounds online or at one of their shops.......and please don't anyone come back and say.....Oh but you get the service there and you can audition the products there too......Big deal! You can also do this at Richer Sounds!...and even if you couldn't go along and audition .....still try and buy cheaper elsewhere.....unethical having already used the the services of someone like Sevenoaks? ....Some would say perhaps yes it is!.....but I would say it's looking after No 1's £££ . Moreover, you know.....a bit of legal 'ducking and diving' is wholly acceptable in today's rip off society of ours...Oh I do feel good after that rant! Tallyho!!!!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
True, we haven't tested the Samsung PS42Q97HDX, but we did test the larger PS50Q97HDX and that was a cracking-value screen (typically £1500) that we gave 5 stars.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andy Clough"]
True, we haven't tested the Samsung PS42Q97HDX, but we did test the larger PS50Q97HDX and that was a cracking-value screen (typically £1500) that we gave 5 stars.

[/quote]

Fair play you did, and it was a great review!

A

Anonymous

nice 1. your probably right. i know what you mean about sevenoaks. it is just that they have a free 5yr warranty. which aint half bad. i think i may go for the pz70 tho. this is cus i dont know how big my front room will be if i move soon( i move a lot as in the forces). this makes gettin the right size hard. i got a massive front room now and sit about 10 to 12 ft away so a 50 inch will suit. if i move and have to sit closer then i think a full hd will be better as can see more detail. i just wish panny had hdmi 1.3 like everyone else.

A

Anonymous

andy, could you answer my original q at the top pretty please. or clare

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts