WHF Awards 2007

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Yesterday I finally got a copy of awards 2007 and was disappointed to see none of HD tv was awarded product of the year. With all due to respect to WHF editors but does this means all the big brands engineers are doing something wrong ? Is it possible a SD tv have a better results then HD I know technically it can't.

If I must have to buy HD 42-46 or 50 which one to go for? LCD or Plasma?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, i'm a litte confused by your post: every single one of our eight Award-winning TVs is at least HD Ready, so none are 'SD' sets.

In addition, all but the budget Samsung 32in also able to receive native Full HD (1080p) content at 24fps. Visitors to the WHF Show at the weekend would have seen seven of the sets side-by-side in a gallery, running Blu-ray content.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Thanks for your swift reply, what I mean with SD is HD ready or non HD, what I expect from HD ready it is upscaling to 1080 hence it will have a negative effect on the picture quality while native HD I expect wil have better quality or am I wrong.

A

Anonymous

I'm a bit lost too on this one-I have to say!

Full HD is based on a progressively scanned picture of 1080p, but you can still have HD pictures received from SKY HD either at 720p or 1080i depending on which format a particular programme has decided to use for transmission.

But to receive and display full 1080p HD you need a Blu Ray/HDD player and compatible resolution TV screen, otherwise you are dependent on Upscaling DVD players with 720p/1080i capability... or one that upscales upto 1080p if you're intending to buy Blu Ray/HDD, to upscale DVD's to as near 1080p as is possible on a full HD screen.

One of editors at Future Net emailed today to say that he was actually convinced that SKY would eventually broadcast in 1080p, but as I said to him that was surely more dependent on the programme makers than SKY, besides which it would also prove more expensive and the SKY subscription too would have to be increased and I'm not sure sure people will want to spend even more money for what is currently, and relatively speaking, crap TV anyway.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="ashfaqqasim"]
Hi Clare,

Thanks for your swift reply, what I mean with SD is HD ready or non HD, what I expect from HD ready it is upscaling to 1080 hence it will have a negative effect on the picture quality while native HD I expect wil have better quality or am I wrong.

[/quote]

As has been mentioned many times on these Forums before, a higher screen-resolution is no guarantee of better quality - just more pixels! We've seen many HD Ready screens look better than Full HD screens, even with 1080p content.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts