Where is the base ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a Pansaonic SC-BTT370 home theatre system based very much on the fantastic reviews it has recieved for both picture and sound. The picture is as expected but the sound i am finding to be a complete disappointment. There is a complete lack of base even with the SW set at the maximum 6db and the overall sound effect is like listening to movies through baked bean cans. Is this normal ?? Surely not. Can someone please advise of their experience regarding this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

A

Anonymous

Hi Robin. Thanks for the reply. I think i have ! Smallish room, TV mounted on wall with speakers either side and centre below. Rears where they should be as well. SW is on the floor to one corner but i have tried in various positions but nothing seems to make a difference. With regards to source i'm not to sure what you mean. I have set as per instructions in handbook.

A

Anonymous

Have checked the connections etc and all is as it should be. Source is just the tv ( free view Hd ) direct to the unit connected via HDMI / ARC. However the sound is the same when watching Blu-ray Discs as well. Do you know if it is possible to connect the unit to a powered sub rather than the passive sub supplied ?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Sorry u have no serious help. I wonder if it is a bass issue or setup? Does your freeview or tv have a sub out? Have u a friendly 'enthusiast'? A passive sub is never going to rattle the walls but can u hear it at all? Turn other speakers down and listen to a bass heavy track. Have u set the volume of each speaker? Ensure all units work then hopefully someone with same/similar system will chip in rather than concentrating on a simple typo. Cheers

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Sorry u have no serious help. I wonder if it is a bass issue or setup? Does your freeview or tv have a sub out?

Robin, it's an all-in-one system with blu-ray built in, if there's no bass when playing a blu-ray it isn't going to matter what you plug it into.

The WHF review says it's awkward to setup, have you actually set all the speaker distances and so on?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
After about eight replies, some of them merry, I (lacking a sense of humour you understand) was going to gently mention the typo in the subject line heading that has elicited such mirth. But then the forum went AWOL for a few hours yesterday.

I don't know if your system has a "Test" mode, in which sound is sent to all the speakers in turn, including to the subwoofer. That would establish at least whether or not the subwoofer is actually receiving an active signal. Failing that, some discs, eg Pixar Blu-Rays, have a "Setup" option in the opening menu, and the audio section of that may help in deciding what is causing the lack of bass. The audio setup of these discs will allow you to activate all the speakers in turn - there should be some output from the subwoofer.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
slatts said:
I have just purchased a Pansaonic SC-BTT370 home theatre system based very much on the fantastic reviews it has recieved for both picture and sound. The picture is as expected but the sound i am finding to be a complete disappointment. There is a complete lack of base even with the SW set at the maximum 6db and the overall sound effect is like listening to movies through baked bean cans. Is this normal ?? Surely not. Can someone please advise of their experience regarding this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

It SHOULD sound really good : http://www.trustedreviews.com/panasonic-sc-btt370_Surround-Sound-System_review_performance-and-verdict_Page-3#tr-review-summary

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Agreed duaplex. Guess I felt sorry for some forumites looking for genuine advice whose thread is highjacked with 'humour' often based on a typo or grammatical error. In this case maybe I had little to 'complain' about. Most threads are fine but it upsets me when they get personal. Hey ho.
Cheers all

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean and it frustrates me too when people go on personal attacks. But in this case, nothing sinister, just having a little banter. I also happen to be a massive star wars fan :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts