Where are all the regular posters?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have no doubt that John is working his NADs off trying to get through that list of tweaks and fixes.

Okay the search is cranky and we can't see a view counter against threads anymore, or see who is online (unless it's moved) and I have to be quick off the mark to edit my posts if I make an error.

But, all-in-all, a pretty heroic effort and getting better.

It even survived my upgrade to Firefox 4.0 today. (And is a lot faster now although that is mostly Mozilla's doing and not JD's
smiley-smile.gif
)

I haven't been posting as much lately because I don't have much to say. (Umm... I successfully added Airplay to my M-CR603 yesterday but that's hardly worth a thread.)

I guess I have retired myself from 'proper hifi' equipment discussions with the acquisition of my new mini-system. (Feels good actually.)

I can't add anything to cable discussions with £3 a metre QED speaker cable (bought on basis of colour, cost and slimness) and my 5m Belkin network cable costing £9.99 from Argos.

So i'm just going to hang out and enjoy, vicariously, other people's hifi adventures and have a bit of a natter here and there.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
canada16 said:
Well I dont want to sound rude, But I gave up.

I cant post anything at work, they use IE7 or something, and I can log in and everything, but wont let me type anything.

Tried like 10 times.
Also dont like the new layout, sorry, but seems worse than before.
You need to tell IE to use compatibility mode, one of the other threads about the site has got details on how to do this.

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
canada16 said:
Well I dont want to sound rude, But I gave up.

I cant post anything at work, they use IE7 or something, and I can log in and everything, but wont let me type anything.

Tried like 10 times.

Also dont like the new layout, sorry, but seems worse than before.
You need to tell IE to use compatibility mode, one of the other threads about the site has got details on how to do this.

Hi Canada

Yep you need to download IE8 and then do the compatibility mode thing here are the instructions and where to get the download:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/about-the-new-site/important-notice-internet-explorer-users

It takes about 15 minutues to download and then you need to re-boot.

By the way Whathifi, since i have been using IE8 it has worked perfectly so far.

Cheers

scene

If all else fails, youu can always click the "Diable rich-text" option, like I have to on my iPad, that seems to get round most issues.

Oh yes, welcome back plain ol' gel :)

D

Deleted member 2457

scene said:
If all else fails, youu can always click the "Diable rich-text" option, like I have to on my iPad, that seems to get round most issues.

Cheers mate
smiley-smile.gif

Note to all forum users changing names after a long time BIG mistake
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-wink.gif

scene

gel said:
scene said:

Cheers mate
smiley-smile.gif

Note to all forum users changing names after a long time BIG mistake
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-wink.gif

And with the new forum, changing avatars is a bit fraught as well ;)

scene

plastic penguin said:
The name changes since the new site is slightly perplexing. Can I have mine changed to the "plastic mushroom man". Let's face it I'm always kept in the dark and everyone keeps flinging muck at me...LOL

Be careful for what you wish pp (or is that pmm) ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
The name changes since the new site is slightly perplexing. Can I have mine changed to the "plastic mushroom man". Let's face it I'm always kept in the dark and everyone keeps flinging muck at me...LOL

..Maybe PP it's because you're such a "funguy" (said with a Mexican accent it's funnier....but not much :(

idc

plastic penguin said:

Did someone say something........

TRENDING THREADS