When you drink alchol does your system sound better or worse?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I think I need my amp turned up more to enjoy it as much! How about you?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
No idea. I am no fan of high volumes of either sound or alcohol. I average about half-a-dozen bottles of golden ale (or IPA) per year and a couple of glasses of wine with Christmas lunch. I've not been drunk since I was 19.

I am really, really un-qualified (and more than happy to remain so) on both counts.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm the opposite to chebby! Listening to Ruby the Rabbitfoot courtesy of Mac's Music at hi volume after a couple of cans of Red Stripe it sounds wonderful. Though I have to confess I'd did fall asleep earlier! It's been a hard couple of days! Chebby I have some beautiful Santos Rosewood veneer for my next set. CnoEvil I have the Cambridge CXN on order! I also find my posts are atrocious as well. Enjoy.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
sounds the same sober or under the influence to me & i do like to drink & drive too - BUT ONLY online racing & strangely im a second faster a lap too :) I hasten to add i do NOT condone drink driving in my or any one elses car in the real world.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
No idea. I am no fan of high volumes of either sound or alcohol. I average about half-a-dozen bottles of golden ale (or IPA) per year and a couple of glasses of wine with Christmas lunch. I've not been drunk since I was 19.

I am really, really un-qualified (and more than happy to remain so) on both counts.

That's a shade less than a usual friday for me :)

As for the question. It's an interesting one.

I prefer the sound of music when I have had a couple of beers, definitely.

And on a slightly less legal note, when I was young I may have used some wacky backy once or twice and I can say that that made a stark improvement in apparent sound. It seemed to have the effect of opening up the stereo image and separating all the different aspects of sound. It was quite mesmerising really. Not that I would suggest anyone doing anything illegal of course :)

A

Anderson

It's a fine line and depends on the circumstances. If we're having a few and chatting music in the background sounds lovely. If drunk and trying to appreciate the music properly it just doesn't work for me, I prefer serious listening to be sober. A cheeky smoke now and again unlike drinking really helps you to zone in and appreciate the music more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts