When will sky hd get rid of these annoying blue bars on side of sd channels.

A

Anonymous

I dont have any either?

My TV is 3 years old as well, so not that up to date, I see black ones and thats due to 4:3 on the HD channels.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
don't most flat panel TVs give you the option of what colour to set the side bars? I think i can have various fetching shades of grey on mine, although my Dad's Panasonic can do blue I think.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I have had the new 1tb hd box now for 3 weeks and i've noticed the blue lines are gone, my tv is set to full pixel.

A

Anonymous

watching sky sports 1 sd and have my tv set to unscaled and sky box auto or 1080i blue bars appear on side of screen>these go when setting tv to widescreen>surely i should have it set to unscaled to get best hd picture

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
bunceheating - the blue bars are produced by your TV to fill the screen space around the SD picture. That picture is decidedly not an 'HD picture' and will degrade further and probably be distorted if you force the TV to stretch it to fill your screen. Just watch it how it's meant to be. However - as suggested above - your TV may allow you to change from blue to grey, which you'd probably find less distracting.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:What annoying blue bars?

It's a bug that seemed to appear on some HD boxes after the new planner was introduced. I watch everthing with picture overscan turned off, and this sometimes means that on SD channels the picture doesn't quite fill the width of the screen (37PX80) resulting in thin black lines down the sides. Since the planner upgrade several months ago these black bars will actually display as blue on some SD channels. Oddly the channels affected will change ocassionaly. It used to happen on "Five" but has recently stoppped, but has now started on CH4. Research on other Sky forums seems to indicate that very few people are affected, and because most of what I watch is HD and not affected I have decided to live with it rather than get yet another refurbed Sky HD box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts