When are we gonna see the new HD channels on Virgin

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well its getting close to the end of july now and still no sign of the new HD channels as promised by virgin

anyone have any ideas if they will appear overnight or has this been posponed?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
They are on!!
emotion-2.gif

Check out

108 BBC HD

158 FX HD

232 Nat GEO HD

310 MTVN HD

Soon to come ESPN HD!!!! Woo hoo, all free to XL TV customers
emotion-2.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well all I know is I dont pay any more for my HD service, or ESPN sports, my broadband has been fantastic and recently upgraded to 10mb (sitting at 15-20mb on speed tests!!) for free. Free call to helplines, free box replacement if any problems. I think Virgin are doing a pretty good job.

Fee

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Just had a look, all there but a couple of them were obviously SD content, Amy Winehouse on MTVN looked HD, pity it doesn't improve her looks!

About time Virgin got more HD content, as the system is good. Roll on C4, ESPN and hopefully more.

A

Anonymous

having only just got the new channels all i can say is that the best looking thing i have ever seen in hd on virgin is last of the summer wine on bbc hd the picture is so clear and the colours are really good the programme on the other hand is not my cup of tea.

A

Anonymous

It's what VM customers have been waiting for and what Sky have been dreading!

Just been watching Glorious Goodwood (C4 HD - VM 146) and can vouch for the picture delivered by Virgin Media as being equally Glorious.

More HD sport Mr Branson and you will have it all sussed.

(Other than being a paying customer I have absolutely no affiliation to Virgin)

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Does C4HD mirror channel 104 and not all programs are in HD?? If so I can just re-program Harmony to 146 and not have to worry.

Same query re FX or do I need seperate icons and have to check schedule?

A

Anonymous

yeah channel 4 hd mirrors channel 4

think fx is a seperate channel altogether

A

Anonymous

I have to say the Channel 4 and BBC channels are usually excellent.....even when its SD (on the former) the upscaling is brilliant. So far the FX, Nat Geo, ESPN and MTVHD channels have been hit and miss (not that I've watched lots) - sometimes excellent, sometimes its obviously upscaled SD and not so great. Is this how it works on Sky?

On demand service when HD is excellent as well.

Latest rumour is that History HD, Living HD and Eurosport HD will be with us by November as well.

Things are finally looking up.
emotion-2.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
NickyBoy:

Latest rumour is that History HD, Living HD and Eurosport HD will be with us by November as well.

Things are finally looking up.
emotion-2.gif

Don't know bout others but certainly Living HD is coming end August, Agree getting better
emotion-2.gif
bout time they listened to what customers wanted but certainly seems they are starting to deliver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts