Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Dom

I think I might get a new amplifier, not yet though. Now I would seriously consider another Roksan, but if I really demoed some gear within my budget I might go with something else.

gasolin

My signature is up to date.

Hififreaks,dk decided not to sell Marantz any more so i will not get the Marantz CD6006, i was planing to buy for it in 10 or 20 rates (month).

Now im looking for a used cdplayer with a better sound than my current cdplayer and a working digital out so i could upgrade if i want to, to a better dac

I would be happy even if i could find something like a used Marantz CD5005 i could afford and later buy a better dac if im not happy with the sound (which i should because i know it sounds good). That unfortunately won't be possible atm.

Ebay CD5003 224 euros, CD5004 229 euros, CD5003 from japan 407 euros

Last edited:

Dom

Vinyl still getting sales? I don't know anyone that uses it anymore. I would like to hear the aging format. Audio T has record players, however I never heard them being run the 4 times I have been there. I guess when I go in there again I could ask them to demo me some vinyl.

gasolin

When you collect old music before the 1982-83 many wants the original LP

Some you can only get on cd since original lp's are so rare and expensive and some you can only get on lp since that haven't been record on to a cd and if so theres the :eek: loudness war, remastered cd's

D

Deleted member 108165

Hififreaks,dk decided not to sell Marantz any more so i will not get the Marantz CD6006, i was planing to buy for it in 10 or 20 rates (month).
That's a shame as I know you were looking forward to getting it :(

D

Deleted member 108165

Vinyl still getting sales? I don't know anyone that uses it anymore. I would like to hear the aging format. Audio T has record players, however I never heard them being run the 4 times I have been there. I guess when I go in there again I could ask them to demo me some vinyl.
Plenty on here still use it. As far as I'm concerned anything recorded pre-CD era sounds better on LP. Try it, you might like it, but it needs a healthy bank balance to really enjoy it as the kit and LP's aren't cheap theses days.

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
More music!
... and maybe some better speakers for the kitchen. The vertical space above the cupboards is very limited, so it'll be another DIY job. The current ones have 3x 2.5" full-range drivers and a tweeter, but there's too much low-mid and a general lack of clarity - adding the tweeters helped a little, but not enough.

I'm happy with the living room HiFi. It sounds good, gets loud enough to party, enough bass for movies, and SAF is high - it looks okay and is easy to use. What more could I ask?
The only thing that bugs me occasionally is a slap-back echo from the front to back wall - if you clap in the room (or someone claps on-screen, or a snare drum usually works), you can hear it ping sometimes.
Something on the wall over the sofa should sort that.

Chris

I'm also kicking myself that I sold my Peachtree amp and really fancy the 150 or 300 watt new one in mocha....

Our demo/display nova300 is in the gorgeous Gloss Mocha finish. Btw, at next weekends Bristol Show AV Tech Solutions will be demonstrating Peachtree Audio’s nova300 along with the new amp500, RBH Sound Signature Reference SV-61R loudspeakers, JL Audio CR-1 active subwoofer crossover and a JL Audio Fathom f110 v2 subwoofer. A nova150 along with our nova500 and our Fathom f212 v2 will also be on show in their room.

Last edited:
Reactions: knaithrover

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts