What would you do with my room.. Pics

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SnowyJohn

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
dave_k:
Agree with the Missus to a trial run?

I absolutely love this technique! My missus seems to have very little imagination and resists change because she claims she doesn't care. She allows changes to be made as long as I'll put them back if she doesn't like it - which has yet to happen!

A

Anonymous

This is what I was planning:

Two blok 300 shelves, either side of the fire, and the plasma on the breast, and the RX6 in each alcove.

My property is only from the 70's council built and very solid, as tore down a load bearing wall to make one big living room and the living room as held up amazingly.

I could maybe tell her I will buy one of those electric on the wall fires, but I think that would be a waste.

I cant afford on top of all this upgrade for someone to make me a smaller surround as that will be very expensive.

I could have the TV on the breast now, but that would mean the centre above the TV which I am not a fan, as that would be a few feet above head height standing which I am not going to get a direct sound.

Asked her again today just before she went to work, with a nice backrub... and she said no!!

I will wear her down..... Maybe

A

Anonymous

This is my argument, there is no heat, as it never goes on.

3 times in 3 years.

A

Anonymous

Canada, forget everything i said about keeping the fireplace, adding value to your property etc, it doesn,t matter as you have stated that you have removed a load bearing wall, selling your property shouldn,t be a problem in the future because only a mug would buy it without proper building warrants as part of the missives which you don,t have, reminds me of the programme neighbours from hell.

A

Anonymous

johnnyjazz:Canada, forget everything i said about keeping the fireplace, adding value to your property etc, it doesn,t matter as you have stated that you have removed a load bearing wall, selling your property shouldn,t be a problem in the future because only a mug would buy it without proper building warrants as part of the missives which you don,t have, reminds me of the programme neighbours from hell.

DUDE, Whats your problem, did I say anything about not having a pro do it.?

I just said I did it, as in it was decided to do it as its my house, I dont know anything about tearing down walls. I had a builder do it, with a lorry with a proper Load bearing steal beam, that weighed a ton.

A

Anonymous

hammill:Canada, please tell us you put up an RSJ

Yes of course, it was done by 3 builders, who put up a beam that was like a foot wide and about 15 foot long.

It was brought in by a lorry

GW93

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
canada16:

hammill:Canada, please tell us you put up an RSJ

Yes of course, it was done by 3 builders, who put up a beam that was like a foot wide and about 15 foot long.

It was brought in by a lorry

Hey Canada, you get them told old boy, these guys think you've just went for it with a sledgy!!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thats what the living room looked like during the refurb.... Serious.

Just without the lorry.

Took me/ builders electricians, plumbers 4 months to re-wire, brand new heating and boiler, walls being torn down in kitchen, with another RSJ.. The house was not touched since 1970, wood laminite walls ect..

I only paid the big issue sellers 1000.00 to do it all... LOL

Serious, I got 2 babies, everything was done by pro's

TRENDING THREADS