What vinyl player

Sakuragi

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello

I want to purchase a turntable. The considerations are aesthetics and music quality.
Reading this forum, apparently this turntable is quite nice in the music quality department:

* fluence rt85

I was also considering these:

pro-ject rpm 3

pro-ject rm 1.3 genie

These last two mainly because of their looks. Although rpm 3 is kinda expensive.

Which is the better option?

Thank you for your advice

Sakuragi

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
Alright, that seems to be the consensus. the Fluance wins, With a Shiit Mani I would have something cool.

What about the pro-ject rm 1.3 with a blue ortofon cartridge and the Shiit Mani pre amp? Would the sound be comparable?

Alright, that seems to be the consensus. the Fluance wins, With a Shiit Mani I would have something cool.

What about the pro-ject rm 1.3 with a blue ortofon cartridge and the Shiit Mani pre amp? Would the sound be comparable?
I would suggest you would struggle to hear any difference.
Are you in the UK? Only asking as there is a project rm1.3 genie and AT95 cartridge going for £200 on UK Hifi for sale or exchange (Facebook site)

JonB1001

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
a consensus after 1 reply? goodness! :D

Rega and Pro-ject both have extremely good entry level turntables with good upgrade options that make them long term purchases.

JonB1001

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
What do you think about the ortofon red or blue with this level of turntable? I’ve had both in the past and red was fine until I fitted the blue and saw the immediate difference. I still like the blue.

What do you think about the ortofon red or blue with this level of turntable? I’ve had both in the past and red was fine until I fitted the blue and saw the immediate difference. I still like the blue.
Thats what’s Ortofon say too! The Red is the basic design in all their ranges - 2M, Quintet, and Cadenza. The Blue has a better stylus and more detail.
They are safe choices, but quite pricy, and good alternatives from Audio Technica and Goldring are worth a look. The Goldring E3 is widely available at around £70 now.

iMark

I would recommend to buy a turntable with 2M Red. It will sound quite good. Then upgrade with 2M Blue stylus, a very notable difference. It's an easy upgrade not involving the changing of the cartridge.

iMark

I've set up cartridges on Dual and Thorens record players in the past. That was in the early 1980s. It was quite a task to do it properly and I remember needing tools to get tracking angles exactly right. I can remember now why people thought CD players were much easier to get decent sound than record players.

I remember that the Duals were quite easy to do because they had a head shell you could remove from the arm.

Reactions: Al ears
I would learn to fit and set-up a cartridge yourself...... :)
For what it's wo
I've set up cartridges on Dual and Thorens record players in the past. That was in the early 1980s. It was quite a task to do it properly and I remember needing tools to get tracking angles exactly right. I can remember now why people thought CD players were much easier to get decent sound than record players.

I remember that the Duals were quite easy to do because they had a head shell you could remove from the arm.
For what it's worth I wasn't replying to you in person but turntable buyers in general.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts