What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 244 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I did watch their recent performance at a certain festival on my laptop through headphones. As I had the tracklist in front of me, I just skipped the stuff recorded after "And Justice For All"...

I'm lining up my copy of "Ride The Lightning" for later.

edit:

Coroner - Punishment For Decadance

Sacred Reich - Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua/The American Way

Holy Terror - Mind Wars

Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician * it's bonkers! *

Death - Spiritual Healing

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Voivod - Nothingface

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

Entombed - Left Hand Path :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

Edit: shifting down a bit...

Deep Purple - Fireball, my favourite DP album by a loooong way, "In Rock" finishes a distant second. :oops:

Edit 2:I'm a lucky chap. 6 hours uninterrupted listening tonight.

Going for a bit of

Ozric Tentacles - Erpland

followed by

Labradford - Prazision, before zzzzzz

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Recently:

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 'Singles.' Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Mudhoney etc. Great record.

'The Incredible Jazz Guitar Of Wes Montgomery'

Magna Carta-'Songs From Wasties Orchard.'

The Don Rendell/Ian Carr Quintet-'Change Is.' Shame that British jazz doesn't get its props. Unbelievably brilliant record.

Clouds-'Watercolour Days.'

Humble Pie-'Humble Pie.' Third album.

All this in between watching the increasingly boring World Cup and admiring Lana's dress at Glastonbury.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Jim-W said:
Recently:

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 'Singles.' Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Mudhoney etc. Great record.

The Don Rendell/Ian Carr Quintet-'Change Is.' Shame that British jazz doesn't get its props. Unbelievably brilliant record.

All this in between watching the increasingly boring World Cup and admiring Lana's dress at Glastonbury.

Jim,

In your last sentence there's a Wedding Present song lyric in the making there. Or Mark E.Smith, Distressed Lana Messi Moments-ah.

Or Moz: Indoors, no encores for fatal footballers, only Del Ray comes into play.

Sorry, I'm done.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I have absolutely no idea how this LP came to be in my collection, yet it's definitely there and spinning away now.

I'm not even a fan, but to be fair it's not too bad, and far from being the worst LP I own..

500full.jpg

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
Jim-W said:
Recently:

Jim,

In your last sentence there's a Wedding Present song lyric in the making there. Or Mark E.Smith, Distressed Lana Messi Moments-ah.

Or Moz: Indoors, no encores for fatal footballers, only Del Ray comes into play.

Sorry, I'm done.

Ha! Brilliant, Charlie. I could actually hear these songs as I'm sure you could. Let's form a band...just what the world needs!

Regards.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Definitely!

What shall we call our first album? Don't worry about the trifling matters of er, songs and stuff, let's get this balloon afloat before it . . . pops.

Genre dependent: here's some starters:

Proggy: Dramatis Personae

Punk-y: Kid Preacherz

Baroque-pop: Schools Of Thoughtlessness

Metal: Corpsing

Ambient: Journeys To An Encore

Psych-y: Stages Of Forevermore (Re-directions In Chisel-land)

Agit-prop-Indie: Classlessness In The Classrooms Of Crisis Capitalism

I could go on but as SPM once quoth. . . "you get the general idea".

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Tame Impala - Innerspeaker (with the treble +2 cos the vinyl ain't great)

Tangle Edge - In Search Of A New Dawn

Tangle Edge - Eulogy

I.E.M. - I.E.M.

it's a World Cup-psyche out-kraut rock specktacklier! :rockout:

edit: Hmmm. It seems a genre has fallen foul of the censors! Can I say sauerkraut rock instead?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Waxy said:
Tame Impala - Innerspeaker (with the treble +2 cos the vinyl ain't great)

Tangle Edge - In Search Of A New Dawn

Tangle Edge - Eulogy

I.E.M. - I.E.M.

it's a World Cup-psyche out-kraut rock specktacklier! :rockout:

edit: Hmmm. It seems a genre has fallen foul of the censors! Can I say sauerkraut rock instead?

love it

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Blimey Charlie! What a fertile imagination you truly have! I'm afraid I'm not worthy to be in any band that you're masterminding; having said that if you let us do a cover of Spinal Tap's 'Flower People' I'm still yer man. The youtube video is brilliant! See, I want to be in a psychedelic band. Could you formulate our game plan? As you say, never mind the songs; we'll improvise for hours on end and blow their minds...er, man. The Cosmic Boardtreaders. Can you play finger cymbals?

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
In this very moment: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers self debut album, original USA pressing, Shelter Records, 1976. Great, great debut between classic rock and pre punk, jangle guitars, Stones played with a punk attitude, even on great slow numbers like Luna.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Listening to Throwing Muses albums all day and night because my daughter has discovered that she shares a birthday with Kristin Hersh!

'The Real Ramona.'

'House Tornado'

'Hunkpapa'

We are also swooning over, 'Vauxhall And I' our fave Moz record.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Jim-W said:
Listening to Throwing Muses albums all day and night because my daughter has discovered that she shares a birthday with Kristin Hersh!

'The Real Ramona.'

'House Tornado'

'Hunkpapa'

We are also swooning over, 'Vauxhall And I' our fave Moz record.

Throwing Muses are touring in September with Tanya Donelly as special guest

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
In this very moment, a very rare double LP by Barry Tashian and the Remains on french label fan club (FC012). It contains the best singles collection along some rare b-sides and unissued material of this venerable and underrated sixties Boston, USA band and it sound really good!

The recordings are vintage and in stereo: they sound really good over my Monitor Audio Bronze BX2.

PS: on the back cover of this folded double LP there are an extensive lnear notes written in Boston, in 1985 (the year this collection was realised) by J. Geils Band frontman and now excellent soloist Peter Wolf.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

My local auction house is selling a gold disc of The Smiths - The World Won't Listen which was presented to Andy Rourke. I've no idea of the reserve price, but has anyone got an idea of it's value?

Auction is tomorrow morning.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
My local auction house is selling a gold disc of The Smiths - The World Won't Listen which was presented to Andy Rourke. I've no idea of the reserve price, but has anyone got an idea of it's value?

Not a clue on value. Can you not look at the auction website? clues can be obtained from just looking at the company's description.

But it could be costly....

http://991.com/Buy/ProductInformation.aspx?StockNumber=570260&from=GPUK&gclid=CKaUkvzZvr8CFYrJtAodchgAWw

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jim,

Oh yes, I'm a dab er finger on the cymbals, for certain.

More accurately to purloin Mr.Costello's alias on Blood & Chocolate I've got little hands of concrete when it comes to playing instruments. I'm a virtuoso beginner.

The Tap cover suggestion is spot on!!! Let's do it.

Semi-related: I was chatting to my friend and Rik Mayall's demise led us to Bad News. Some moments of hilarious brilliance, like most the Comic Strip's output.

Chris Guest and co got there first but I'd love a chance to watch the Donnington gig again. You Tube might oblige.

Peace and out Sir Cosmic Boardtreader.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

For anyone that's at all interested, it had a reserve of £400 and sold for that price. With commission and VAT, the total the winner paid was £448.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts