What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 243 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Raided the bargain bin at my local vinyl shop:

In Hearing Of Atomic Rooster

Spinal Tap-esque songs about being trapped inside some terrible metaphor, salvaged by an incredible production (non-more Zep!) and some tasty keyboard noodling by Mr. Vincent Crane.

Live - Al Di Meola

He tortures his guitar in equal measure to what he inflicts on the listener.

The Reprise Years - Frank Sinatra box set.

Some ropey live recordings nestle alongside exemplary studio cuts.

Still, that's all worth £3 of anybody's money.

And one that got away: a decent condition mono Blonde On Blonde. Not in the £1 bin obviously, but apparently it's new owner left the shop as I strolled in. Next time, next time.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
220px-Fairport_Convention-Liege_%26_Lief_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Fairport Convention - `Liege and Lief` Cost me a bit but a very nice original copy.

Standout track - Difficult to choose from an album that`s been voted best Folk album of all time, but I`ll go for `Crazy Man Michael`

Michael he whistles the simplest of tunes And asks of the wild woods their pardon

For his true love is flown into every flower grown And he must be keeper of the garden

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
Raided the bargain bin at my local vinyl shop:

In Hearing Of Atomic Rooster

Spinal Tap-esque songs about being trapped inside some terrible metaphor, salvaged by an incredible production (non-more Zep!) and some tasty keyboard noodling by Mr. Vincent Crane.

Oh yes, now you're talking CJ! None of that damn modern rubbish
smiley-laughing.gif

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a shocking confession to make. I haven't been listening to records but what I have been doing is even more shocking, dear readers. I caught Lana Del Ray at Glastonbury and I was ahem smitten. Was it that rather lovely dress? Of course it wasn't: I loved the songs and her much-maligned voice and the power of the band. I erm bought 'Ultraviolence' and told the woman at the checkout it was for my daughter. I think it's a great record and I find her a bit interesting. I'm sorry to have shocked you.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Jim-W said:
I have a shocking confession to make. I haven't been listening to records but what I have been doing is even more shocking, dear readers. I caught Lana Del Ray at Glastonbury and I was ahem smitten. Was it that rather lovely dress? Of course it wasn't: I loved the songs and her much-maligned voice and the power of the band. I erm bought 'Ultraviolence' and told the woman at the checkout it was for my daughter. I think it's a great record and I find her a bit interesting. I'm sorry to have shocked you.

Shocking..?????? shocking it would be not talking to the woman! Love her, she is very pretty! :cheer:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Jim-W said:

ditto

Been spinning it in the last few days - i like!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
On my day off, and my intended work in the garden has been curtailed due to rain in Manchester (shock horror!) so time to play an old classic..

4b59260dc899195ba005fff9df48da38_full.jpg

.. definitely their best IMO.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
On my day off, and my intended work in the garden has been curtailed due to rain in Manchester (shock horror!) so time to play an old classic..

4b59260dc899195ba005fff9df48da38_full.jpg

.. definitely their best IMO.

I have an ongoing semi-serious argument with a record dealer about this: it's a band we both love but we disagree on the best Spirit record. I prefer 'The Family That Plays Together,' but I like 'Sardonicus' too. Damn it, I love all of their records. Great band.

Soup D

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
For some long forgotten reason my copy of this is an American import on the Virgin Venture label rather than Factory :? , regardless, it sounds wonderful.

_45862206_34c8f99b-b6c7-4fad-ae10-8127a6b02799.jpg

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

The Whole Fam Damnily

The Wages

Neil Young - Cow Palace 1986 (RSD)

The Amazing Snakeheads - Amphetamine Ballads

Belly - King

Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Metallica - Master Of Puppets, bought 27 years ago with the money I earned from a Saturday job in the butchers. Still sounds effing marvellous, more so on the new deck/cartridge. The bass is superb.

"Listen damn it, we will win!" :rockout:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Waxy said:
Metallica - Master Of Puppets, bought 27 years ago with the money I earned from a Saturday job in the butchers. Still sounds effing marvellous, more so on the new deck/cartridge. The bass is superb.

"Listen damn it, we will win!" :rockout:

You git - i was looking for that yesterday - got my eye a few on the bay

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Funnily enough I've just been listening to Metallica and came on here to post to find a right old Metallica love fest going on.

Metallica - And Justice For All

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts