What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 237 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Throwing Muses-'The Real Ramona.'

Throwing Muses-'House Tornado.'

Pentangle-'Cruel Sister.'

The John Cameron Quartet-'Off Centre.' 1969 Mono Deram, British jazz. Danny Thompson on bass. Harold McNair, flute, alto etc.

William R Strickland-'Is Only The Name.' 1969 Deram, singer-songwriter. Bonkers. Captivatingly bonkers though.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
71Q0rfvmEiL._SL1280_.jpg

Where do we go from here?

Racing the clouds home.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The Fifth Dimension-'Stoned Soul Picnic.'

Various-'Blues Jam At Chess.'

Keef Hartley Band-'Halfbreed.' Deram Mono 1969. The greatest blues rock record of the 60's? By a country mile, old boy; this is no perfunctory blooze workout but an inspired set of performances by the cream of young British musicians circa 1969. Featuring the legendary Spit James on incendiary guitar, real name Ian Cruickshank. Some of the most coruscating and emotive lead guitar playing in history... and even before that.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
220px-ABBA_-_ABBA_%281975%2C_Original_Polar_LP%29.jpg

ABBA - `Abba` Abba`s earlier albums are my favourites. This is my original copy and considering the amount it used to be played and the quality of the stylus I had back then it doesn`t sound too bad!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
ABBA_-_Waterloo_%28Original_Polar_LP%29.jpg

Abba - `Waterloo`

This one`s my favourite. Before they bought that fancy multi-tracked studio and started to use too many synths they made great pop albums using the more basic elements. An even share of lead vocals including a nice sprinkling of efforts by Bjorn (even Benny gets a go!) and you find a band just about to come of age in spectacular style.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Waxy said:
Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information

I have a Johnny Otis Show LP with a Shuggie Otis signature on the cover, though I've no idea if it's genuine as it was bought a car boot sale or charity shop.

I realize this was a pretty pointless post, and I sincerely apologize. :oops:

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
CrystalGayleWhenIDream.jpg

Crystal Gayle - `When I Dream` In recent years I`ve realised that many years ago I misjudged Crystal Gayle. Ever done that? Annoying isn`t it?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Carpenters - The Singles 1969-1973

Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley Sage Rosemary & Thyme

EBTG - Eden

Bob Marley - Exodus

The Meters - The Meters

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
The Afghan Whigs - Do To The Beast

Savages - F*ckers (ep)

(Modern vinyl is confusing, the above album plays at 45 and the ep at 33!)

Grace Jones - Nightclubbing (as good as hoped for, with the downloads this is how reissues should be done, although the WAV files lack metadata so time consuming when changing codec for both iTunes and Vortexbox/Squeezebox)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts