What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 231 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
This takes me back..

ELP-ELP.jpg

.. reminds me of Sounds music paper from that era, especially the personal classifieds. "Hairy guy seeks hairy chick, into Zep, Hendrix, ELP etc.."

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
DIB said:
This takes me back..

ELP-ELP.jpg

.. reminds me of Sounds music paper from that era, especially the personal classifieds. "Hairy guy seeks hairy chick, into Zep, Hendrix, ELP etc.."

I gotta ask, have you nicked my vinyl collection? :grin:

Great album, btw :)

Like the avatar!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
DIB said:
This takes me back..

ELP-ELP.jpg

I gotta ask, have you nicked my vinyl collection? :grin:

Great album, btw :)

Like the avatar!

Been on a heavy Groundhogs listening spree this week, still my favourite band after 40 years.

Not got much ELP but always liked this one the best, especially the track Knife Edge.

My missus wishes someone would nick my collection
smiley-smile.gif

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
DIB said:
Been on a heavy Groundhogs listening spree this week, still my favourite band after 40 years.

Not got much ELP but always liked this one the best, especially the track Knife Edge.

My missus wishes someone would nick my collection
smiley-smile.gif

:grin: I know what you mean!

I think that all the tracks are pretty special (ELP). Emerson was pretty awesome in his day. I'm blown away by his piano playing on 'Three Fates'. I've got 'Tarkus' on vinyl, that ain't bad, but I agree, the first is my favourite too.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Today:

Matt Johnson-'Burning Blue Soul.'

Vanilla Fudge-'The Beat Goes On.' Yep, just checking: still the wost record I've ever heard

Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee-' Sing And Play.'

The Beatles-'A Hard Day's Night.'

Osibisa-'Osibisa.'

Oregon-'Distant Hills.'

Terry Reid-'Seed Of Memory.' and 'Bang Bang You're Terry Reid.'

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim-W said:
Vanilla Fudge-'The Beat Goes On.' Yep, just checking: still the worst record I've ever heard

Wow! That's some praise. I want to hear it now. :grin:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Jim-W said:
poassibly?oday:

Vanilla Fudge-'The Beat Goes On.' Yep, just checking: still the wost record I've ever heard

I've never heard it Jim, but let me guess that it's not the most subtle of recordings?

Worse than Lou Reeds' Metal Machine Music even?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:

Can you teach me how to do the link like that, as in turn the link into other words? You know what I mean don't you? It's just something I want to be able to do, but can't work out how to.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

Can you teach me how to do the link like that, as in turn the link into other words? You know what I mean don't you? It's just something I want to be able to do, but can't work out how to.

Hiya Big Fella :)

Basically, when you 'reply', you write the word/s into the box, then highlight. Then, you will see a 'link' option (unbroken chain). Hit that, then another box will open, in which you insert the copied link.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
Jim-W said:
poassibly?oday:

I've never heard it Jim, but let me guess that it's not the most subtle of recordings?

Worse than Lou Reeds' Metal Machine Music even?

Well the first album was hardly subtle but it had songs albeit cover versions.'The Beat Goes On' has 8 mins of quotes from world leaders, 59 sec noodlings, silly conversations, snippets of cover versions and it's meant to be like a history of music. It is just a very bad mistake, forced upon them by a producer I believe. On a par with the dreadful 'Metal Machine Music.'

I must admit it is quite interesting though :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts