What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 206 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Got to have a shower, but I'll be back with more detail, but try this as a sampler for the first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS54I4Xh234

Did you try this track?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
41FpUX%2BLAvL.jpg

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
floyd droid said:
One from my ' When I snuff it dont let the Floydette flog it on fleabay as a BIN for a tenner ' collection.

418453713322:500

I imagine that's quite good? Raja Ram innit?

EDIT : Yes, Raja Ram. If you like that, might be worth checking out Quintessence, 'Dive Deep'

Just checking it out now, on Youtube, sounds pretty good, so far...

You actually have the vinyl of this? 1 hour 10mins running time?

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Freddy58 said:
floyd droid said:
One from my ' When I snuff it dont let the Floydette flog it on fleabay as a BIN for a tenner ' collection.

418453713322:500

I imagine that's quite good? Raja Ram innit?

EDIT : Yes, Raja Ram. If you like that, might be worth checking out Quintessence, 'Dive Deep'

Just checking it out now, on Youtube, sounds pretty good, so far...

You actually have the vinyl of this? 1 hour 10mins running time?

Hmm, forget the Raja Ram/Quintessence connection. Quite different styles, although the Indian flavour is present in both. Not sure I like the 'techno' (or whatever it is) aspect of this...

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
DIB said:
51vW4aGCyJL.jpg

..that Box Set* of all the Warner Brothers recordings '71-'90 is high on my birthday list from the family
smiley-laughing.gif

* CD that is, we're not made of money.

Little Feat eh? Pretty sure I saw those once. They were supporting The Sensational Alex Harvey Band and The Who (<main act) in '76. I can't remember a thing about them though.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
51vW4aGCyJL.jpg

..that Box Set* of all the Warner Brothers recordings '71-'90 is high on my birthday list from the family
smiley-laughing.gif

* CD that is, we're not made of money.

Great record. The Warner Brothers box is tempting but I've got most of them on record. I gotta say though, I prefer the band with Lowell George, great guitarist and wonderful singer.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
DIB said:

Great album. I was listening to Aural Sculpture as I was driving home today, not on vinyl, even though the SL-7 can be used in a car though the instructions do advise that one doesn't operate it whilst driving. I think that refers to the dangers of multitasking whilst in control of a vehicle.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
ifor said:
DIB said:

Great album. I was listening to Aural Sculpture as I was driving home today, not on vinyl, even though the SL-7 can be used in a car though the instructions do advise that one doesn't operate it whilst driving. I think that refers to the dangers of multitasking whilst in control of a vehicle.

Aha, caught you! :grin:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Little Feat eh? Pretty sure I saw those once. They were supporting The Sensational Alex Harvey Band and The Who (<main act) in '76. I can't remember a thing about them though.

That sounds like a bill and a half to me. SAHB, legends!

Meanwhile, more LF..

6e13225b9da0db96e11e4110.L.jpg

.. a bit crackly this one but not enough to detract from a great LP.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Ahh, Little Feat, 'southern rock'. I remember them now. Not really my thing

Hmm, I have to take that back, in part. I'm just listening to 'Dixie Chicken'. The slower, more bluesy/soulful tunes are pretty good! I guess I just don't like those upbeat, 'plinky plonky' tunes...

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Freddy58 said:
Ahh, Little Feat, 'southern rock'. I remember them now. Not really my thing

Hmm, I have to take that back, in part. I'm just listening to 'Dixie Chicken'. The slower, more bluesy/soulful tunes are pretty good! I guess I just don't like those upbeat, 'plinky plonky' tunes...

Sailin' Shoes, Dixie Chicken and the brilliant first album are my favourites. The two bootlegs, 'Electrif Lycanthrope' and Aurora Backseat', mixed by Lowell himself are the business. There's some tracks from these on youtube.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Got to have a shower, but I'll be back with more detail, but try this as a sampler for the first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS54I4Xh234

Did you try this track?

Yes, rawer and edgier. Like it.

I forsee a purchase. :)

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
ifor said:
DIB said:

It's a fair cop! :grin:

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
ifor said:
Freddy58 said:
ifor said:
DIB said:

That's more like it :grin: Good man!

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
ifor said:
Freddy58 said:
ifor said:
DIB said:

That's more like it :grin: Good man!

"Bloody well right"! (or maybe not)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts