What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 202 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
Tribute To George - Yim Yames

I Am A Wallet - McCarthy

Then a newly re-discovered pile of 7inch singles:

Goodnight - Thea Gilmore

I Ain't Ever Satisfied - Steve Earle

This Charming Man - The Smiths

Kinky Afro - The Happy Mondays

Stupid Girl - Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Ceremony - New Order

Sexuality - Billy Bragg

Stand - REM

Valley Girl - Frank Zappa

Our Frank - Morrissey

November Spawned A Monster - Moz

Still on strike then. :)

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
gpi said:
Really enjoying Elbow's new album. It all seems so effortless and gets better with every listen.

My new CD should drop through the letterbox today hopefully. I was tempted with the vinyl version but it's the damn cost of new vinyl that keeps me buying CDs.

I'm with you on this. When CDs were first put out on the market in the mid 80s they cost £10-11, while LPs were £5-6. Now CDs still cost around £10-11 new, while LPs are around £20! Obviously scale of production has changed, but that is still quite some mark up!!

Having said that, I do treat myself to the occasional new LP and I think the new Elbow album is outstanding, so I will be vinyl shopping soon.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Marvindodgers said:
I'm with you on this. When CDs were first put out on the market in the mid 80s they cost £10-11, while LPs were £5-6. Now CDs still cost around £10-11 new, while LPs are around £20! Obviously scale of production has changed, but that is still quite some mark up!!

Having said that, I do treat myself to the occasional new LP and I think the new Elbow album is outstanding, so I will be vinyl shopping soon.

I do treat myself now and again to a brand spanker, but Elbow doesn't fall into that category.

PS: one listen in on Elbow's new one and all the signs are good. Not immediate, a grower I reckon , just like every Elbow album in that respect. I dont think any of their albums have grabbed me totally straight away, but I've grown to love each and every one of them.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Had an issue with the correct weight of counterweight with the change to the 2M Blue from Rondo Red on the new Pro-Ject, but I'm finally sorted out now, so it's on with an old favourite.

Trower_Bridge_of_Sighs.jpg

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
Tribute To George - Yim Yames

I Am A Wallet - McCarthy

Then a newly re-discovered pile of 7inch singles:

Goodnight - Thea Gilmore

I Ain't Ever Satisfied - Steve Earle

This Charming Man - The Smiths

Kinky Afro - The Happy Mondays

Stupid Girl - Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Ceremony - New Order

Sexuality - Billy Bragg

Stand - REM

Valley Girl - Frank Zappa

Our Frank - Morrissey

November Spawned A Monster - Moz

Still on strike then. :)

If only!! I had a great day. More, please.

I've just got in form a parents' evening to discover great musical news: MMJ's Jim James, Elvis Costello and others have recorded a "new" Basement Tapes using Bob's contemporaneous unused lyrics. Love it.!!!!!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Not played this for years and years..

MI0000046429.jpg

Born To Be Bad.

If you look closely at my copy it looks scratched and marked to high heaven, yet it sounds perfect. I can't figure it out. I've had new 180 gms so-called audiophile LPs in the past that have sounded worse on first listen.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jimbofisher said:
Kate Bush

The Hounds of Love

The Dreaming

The Kick Inside

The Sensual World

One very happy man!

I'm not surprised, that's a lot of Bush. :shifty:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Having a well earned total day of rest today, not doing anything more taxing than watching the match on TV and spinning a few discs, prior to a night out in Manchester.

I don't have an awful lot of jazz in my music collection, especially on vinyl, but I picked this up last year at a record fair and it's wonderful..

1301595816_oscar_peterson_trio_500.jpg

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
The Fall - Remainderer EP

The Fall - Why Are People Grudgeful 12in

Genesis - And Then There Were Three

Dylan - Hard Rain

Pete Seeger - We Shall Overcome

Leon Russell - The Live Album

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

Bruce Springsteen - The River.