What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Jason36:[

Pearl Jam - Ten

I'm loving this album at the moment, amazing sound quality :)

The remastered disc is great. They took away all of the nasty 80's style reverb, which let all the instruments and Eddie's vocals shine through.

The talk was that Pearl Jam were going to re-release their entire back catalogue and give them all the re-master treatment, one every six months, in the run up to their 20 year anniversary. It doesn't look like that's going happen. Shame, cos i'd love to 'No Code' (my second fave PJ, after 'Ten) on vinyl, and getting an original is nigh on impossible, and if one does come up, it goes for SILLY money. I'm talking up to a grand, silly money!

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
bretty:Jason36:[

Pearl Jam - Ten

The remastered disc is great. They took away all of the nasty 80's style reverb, which let all the instruments and Eddie's vocals shine through.

The talk was that Pearl Jam were going to re-release their entire back catalogue and give them all the re-master treatment, one every six months, in the run up to their 20 year anniversary. It doesn't look like that's going happen. Shame, cos i'd love to 'No Code' (my second fave PJ, after 'Ten) on vinyl, and getting an original is nigh on impossible, and if one does come up, it goes for SILLY money. I'm talking up to a grand, silly money!

I agree that the quality on my copy of ten is amazing ( i have the two disc LP which also includes remixes of all the original Ten songs) Also bidding on a copy of Vitalogy at the moment, currently at £8.00 :)

*** that is silly money.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Jason36:bretty:Jason36:[

Pearl Jam - Ten

I agree that the quality on my copy of ten is amazing ( i have the two disc LP which also includes remixes of all the original Ten songs) Also bidding on a copy of Vitalogy at the moment, currently at £8.00 :)

*** that is silly money.

The remastered disc in the 2LP set is the one i'm on about. Very good stuff. But, if you think that's good, wait till you hear ' NothingMan' from 'Vitalogy' on vinyl. Eddie's voice sounds so 'in the room' (to use the horrible cliche) that it gives me goosebumps every time.

Good luck on the 'Vitalogy' auction. Remember, hold back from making any bid til the very last second. Be prepared to pay between £30-£60 (more towards £60 if it's mint). If you get it for less than thirty, you've had a right touch!

blackholesun

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
61tQ8vr0uGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I can't take this record off the turntable. Seems like I'm hopelessly addicted to early Heart. Please recommend something very similar :)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
bretty:

Ok, act quick on this 'cos it won't hang about. There's an excellent copy of 'Vitaolgy' with a 'Buy It Now' Price of £19.99, with free postage!

Here you go!

Bretty you are a star my friend :)

Sorted.....I now have a copy of Vitalogy to add to my collection
emotion-2.gif

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
blackholesun:

I can't take this record off the turntable. Seems like I'm hopelessly addicted to early Heart. Please recommend something very similar :)

Rosington or Rossington Collins Band. The singer has a similar voice,it could even be the same lady singing. I think they are on Spotify if you want to try first.

A

Anonymous

Without this album, there would be no English folk music. Simply wonderful.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Jason36:runforfree:

Tbh this question is on here every week, sucking the life out of every poster.If u are from Llla then respect but I bet you are listening to an inferior TT, so you are not really listening to the same vinyl that I do.

Regards

Will

Just in case you havent heard runforfree, we live in a democratic state.....which means you do not have to read this post everyday or everyweek if you dont want to.

Personally I will continue to read this thread and post and share with other like minded music lovers what I am listening to and obtain new ideas of what I maybe should be listening to irrelevant of the price or level of my equipment or theirs. So with this in mind I currently have on:

Thank You.

Rob998

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
runforfree:
Tbh this question is on here every week, sucking the life out of every poster.If u are from Llla then respect but I bet you are listening to an inferior TT, so you are not really listening to the same vinyl that I do.

Regards

Will

You think you're listening to the vinyl, but I bet you're listening to the turntable.

Personally, I listen to the music.

blackholesun

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Lost Angeles:

Rosington or Rossington Collins Band. The singer has a similar
voice,it could even be the same lady singing. I think they are Spotify
if you want to try first.

Thanks, I'll check them out!

bretty:Then followed up with the genius which is:

Tool - 'Lateralus'

This is a *#&*# masterpiece! I love this album. How does it sound on vinyl, Bretty?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
blackholesun:Lost Angeles:

Rosington or Rossington Collins Band. The singer has a similar voice,it could even be the same lady singing. I think they are Spotify if you want to try first.

Tool - 'Lateralus'

This is a *#&*# masterpiece! I love this album. How does it sound on vinyl, Bretty?
Seriously, it's fantastic. The CD sounds amazing, but the vinyl has more detail. If you're interested, there's a used one for sale on Amazon for £30-odd quid. There's a lot of bootlegs out there, so be careful ( I know, I unwittingly bought one, before the legit copy I have now!) The legit version is a 2 x picture disc set. Any single disc (picture disc or normal) or coloured vinyl is a fake.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
blackholesun:

One of my favourite albums. And a good question which I will have a think about. Struggling to think of something off the top of my head to be honest though.

A

Anonymous

rob998:
And I've just got time to listen to side one of:

Fantastic, I have this too and love it!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Neon K:rob998:

And I've just got time to listen to side one of:

altered_images-pinky_blue.jpg

Fantastic, I have this too and love it!

I`ve got this one on vinyl -

You`ve inspired me to dig it out this weekend. Should still be in good nick as I haven`t played it for many years!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
51ZIS8tecGL._SS500_.jpg

My 37 year old vinyl still sounding pretty damn good. Often overlooked because of what had gone before (eg Thank Christ.., Split etc.) but this is a cracking LP, recorded in a garage. A proper Garage progressive rock band. Hey, I've invented a new genre!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
bretty:blackholesun:Lost Angeles:

Rosington or Rossington Collins Band. The singer has a similar voice,it could even be the same lady singing. I think they are Spotify if you want to try first.

Tool - 'Lateralus'

Seriously, it's fantastic. The CD sounds amazing, but the vinyl has more detail. If you're interested, there's a used one for sale on Amazon for £30-odd quid. There's a lot of bootlegs out there, so be careful ( I know, I unwittingly bought one, before the legit copy I have now!) The legit version is a 2 x picture disc set. Any single disc (picture disc or normal) or coloured vinyl is a fake.

I'm listening to the CD version, now, for the first time since I got the vinyl. Along with having less detail than the vinyl, it's also sounding really closed in. The vinyl is definitely more open than this. Now i'm used to the vinyl version, this CD version is actually sounding a bit poo!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts