What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
not tonight but tomorrow i will listening to my new copy the Xx-Xx cant wait( listened to loads on spotify so the lp should be a treat)

just a quick listen to gorillaz-clink eastwood 12inch single just pure class get the slow and fast ones. £4 free p&p near mint thought was good

A

Anonymous

HD2cover.jpg

'The man who laughs' has an excellent drum solo - that'll test your decks dynamics and timing out.

A

Anonymous

smuggs:love the cover alone the man looks evil

If you haven't heard his music before its heavy rock with a horror/b-movie twist. Catchy riffs too...

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
New Arrivals Today:

The Best of The Doors

Isobel Campbell - Milk White Sheets

Nirvanna - Bleach (20th Anniversary Edition on 180g Double Vinyl)

New Order - Substance 1987 - 1st Pressing LP

I think my CD player is gonna start gathering dust
emotion-5.gif

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
DIB:

On the back of reading a piece in Uncut I thought I'd slip this on the old TT...

51dbDFEMrBL._SS500_.jpg

On the back of watching the Lizzy programme on BBC 4 last Friday I slipped on Black Rose. Time I purchased Bad Reputation again though.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
5cats35:DIB:

On the back of reading a piece in Uncut I thought I'd slip this on the old TT...

51dbDFEMrBL._SS500_.jpg

On the back of watching the Lizzy programme on BBC 4 last Friday I slipped on Black Rose. Time I purchased Bad Reputation again though.

I also watched the programme on BBC4 and decided to play Jailbreak.
I may have to get copies of Renegade and Thunder and Lightning when they are re-released shortly. I hope the SQ will be decent.

blackholesun

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've just bought a Planar 3 and returned to the vinyl world after 20+ years. Feels great. Sounds great.

Something for this evening:

heart.jpg

A truly superb record.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
jason ordered adele off hmv for 8.99 on sunday and still no joy yet they said it would be 3-5 days so wednesday -friday, but now they claim it should come tomorrow morning. whats you first thoughts.

just listening to a very mint copy of bruce springsteen - 5lp box set live 1975-85

and a ex++ copy of the who- whos next

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Never used HMV online before Smuggs.....However I paid £10.99 for Adele from Amazon on Thursday night at 6.00pm and it came Friday at 10.00am so to be honest it may cost slightly more, but cant fault delivery times and delivery was free as well :)

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
hjust got it but i must admit that amazon are very good ive bought xx-xx and joe ibonamassa-black rock both under £10 and they came in 2 days. so i am going to try and use them. i do love that first single of the adele 21 album off spotify so i have high hopes the lp

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought a new CD player before Xmas so have been giving that some pretty heavy useage for the last month or so, therefore the old Systemdek IIX has been redundant. However, called into a charity shop in Harrogate earlier today and picked up these two LP's that I used to have on cassette.

Currently playing (£0.50)

51pfmBb7sCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

to be followed by (£5.00)

41pyHp2VnAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Both seem in pretty good nick, the Fleetwood Mac is playing just fine.

However, I can't work out the British Heart Foundation's pricing policy, 50p and £5.00 , but anyway £5.50 for 2 LP's is a bargain as far as I'm concerned, especially when they're both good 'uns.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Charity shops are brilliant, I have just bought Tango in the night and its brilliant....sounds absolutely amazing. Also have Rumours, which if Im honest could do with a bot of a clean :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
DIB:
I bought a new CD player before Xmas so have been giving that some pretty heavy useage for the last month or so, therefore the old Systemdek IIX has been redundant. However, called into a charity shop in Harrogate earlier today and picked up these two LP's that I used to have on cassette.

Currently playing (£0.50)

51pfmBb7sCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

to be followed by (£5.00)

41pyHp2VnAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Both seem in pretty good nick, the Fleetwood Mac is playing just fine.

However, I can't work out the British Heart Foundation's pricing policy, 50p and £5.00 , but anyway £5.50 for 2 LP's is a bargain as far as I'm concerned, especially when they're both good 'uns.

I struck lucky today. A pair of absolute gems quailitywise, as well as soundwise. I've not heard either album for years and years, and boy do they sound good, I'd forgotten just how good that Pretenders debut was.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
got black rock , sounds great sq wise but the album lacks depth but the ballard of john henry is class i need that on vinyl diffo.

adele - 21 has just been played 3 times in 24 hours but apart from the opening track(which is awesome on lp compared to spotify ) the album on whole gets samey and is quickly forgotten.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts