What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 352 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Nancy & Lee - Did You Ever

1332585.jpg

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Stouffer rocks. Did you see the live gig where Stouffer was possessed by a spirit guide and then drank some off milk and was sick? I was nearly sick laughing at that.

Today:
Can – Monster Movie
David Bowie – Station to Station
OOIOO – Gamel
The Deer Tracks – Aurora
The Staves – If I Was

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
Stouffer rocks. Did you see the live gig where Stouffer was possessed by a spirit guide and then drank some off milk and was sick? I was nearly sick laughing at that.

No, but I think I'd like to. *biggrin*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Couldn't find it, so I'll keep my eye out in charity shops and car boots, which is more difficult than it seems, as I'm usually 100% focussed on records.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
Careful, now. Last of the big spenders.

Not being flash, but I can spend as much as that whenever I like. *biggrin*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Wife's been in London, so I've just got time to play this before she gets home.

John Coltrane - Coltrane Jazz

222791.jpg

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Killing Joke 'Pylon' (2015)

Best album they've done in 10yrs or so ( I'm a bit of an über fan ). Although Youth is the bass player & he is probably one of the top producers in the world e.g. Dave Gilmour, Crowded House etc, the sound quality on this heavy weight 2LP is shockingly bad. Play another KJ album after this & it's like a veil has been lifted. Buy the CD !

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Zappa / Mothers 'Roxy & elsewhere' (1974)

Weird in a good way, excellent musicianship & vocals from an amazing live band, superb guitar from an incredible guitarist who the majority of people only know for his 'titties & beer' persona. The man was so much more than that !

In comparison to my last post, this 1970's recording sounds amazing.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
ELO - 'A New World Record'

and now...

Elton John - 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'

and now...

Donald Fagen - 'The Nightfly' (first play)

and now...

King Crimson - 'In The Wake Of Poseidon'

and now signing off with probably my favourite piece of vinyl (apart from that thing I keep locked away in the cupboard *biggrin* )

Genesis - 'Selling England By The Pound'

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Couple of recent purchases played today.

Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy (Best Of)

It seems like only yesterday that I heard 'C30 C60 C90 Go' in bed with a tiny portable radio on the John Peel Show.

Alien Sex Fiend - All Our Yesterdays

I wasn't sure if I'd like the ASF album, but it's actually pretty good in an out of tune, very noisy kind of way. I think I like them!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Can anyone recommend any Brian Eno albums?

I was playing a bit of Bauhaus through the headphones on the laptop last night, and one of the tracks was called 'Third Uncle', which I knew as a Bauhaus track, but I didn't know it was written by Eno. So I checked out the Eno original, and really liked it, but I was wondering if the rest of that album is good, or is there some other Eno albums I should be listening to? The only other Eno track I know is 'Ascent (an ending)', which I absolutely adore, but is very different to 'Third Uncle', so I think I'd like to hear more along the 'Third Uncle' lines if there is such an album?

Sorry, I've discovered a nice white wine, and I'm prattling. *blush*

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Joe Bonomassa, Blues of Desperation. A bit more surface noise than expected, but it disappears when listening to the music, so not enough to spoil things. On to Side 4, not a bad track so far.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Michael Chapman: 'Wrecked Again'.

Michael Chapman: 'Rainmaker'.

Radiohead: 'Hail To The Thief'.

Paul Bley: 'Fragments'. Pretty obsessed with this one.

Sonny Stitt: 'Deuces Wild'.

Robert Palmer: 'Some People Can Do What They Like'.

Art: 'Supernatural Fairy Tales'.

Don Cherry: 'Codona2'. Bit of an obscure ECM record.

Charlie Parker: Various live/ bootlegs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts