What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
5595975880_7e4d8a5c14_m.jpg

Tracy Chapman......great album

5595975922_92e372b511_m.jpg

I really like this album. 8)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
mitch65 said:
5595975880_7e4d8a5c14_m.jpg

Tracy Chapman......great album

5595975922_92e372b511_m.jpg

I really like this album. 8)

Thats so weird I was just looking at That Style Council album on Ebay and wondering whether I should or shouldnt :) In the end I didnt

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Oh get it, lovely jazzy feel to it, a couple of great intrumentals. I paid 6 quid at a local record shop and it's a minter.....playing tracy again for the second time, how did I miss her first time round.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
God lord, how can you lot play LP's? Man Utd are playing
smiley-wink.gif

Plenty of time for your Curiosity Killed The Cat allbums later.

Well I have a house full of women having their hair done in the lounge....so perfect excuse for me to dissapear to the other room with my newest arrivals on the black stuff :)

Man United...who are they then??? ;-)

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
mitch65 said:
5598227294_a399b829dc_m.jpg

Another new one, nice quality and nice condition for a 24 year old record
Copycat
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Have you listened to 'Fragile', yet? It sounds cool. I really like the cover of 'Little wing', too.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
foolaround.jpg

Rachel Sweet - `Fool Around`

Anyone remember Rachel? Enjoying listening to this one again after many years lost in my vaults. A powerful voice and a real eclectic mix on this album. Pop, Spector, New Wave and Country to name but four different styles. Very good indeed.

Before buying the LP I first bought the albums hit single `B-A-B-Y` on 7" and temporarily left it resting on top of the electric fire. I know, I know, the things you do when you`re young. My dad came along and turned the fire on without noticing the record (which was right near the controls)and it`s not too difficult to guess what happened next. No.131 in a series of 200 useless trivia facts about my record collection. Collect the set.

A

Anonymous

Lambchop -Nixon

Arcade Fire - Funeral

Bonnie Prince Billy - I See a Darkness

Wganda Kenya

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
51Xdge2JngL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Carly Simon - Best Of

61hRSWvm9qL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet.

First time i've spun this on the Gyro. 'Wanted dead or alive' sounds cushty
smiley-smile.gif

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
114074807.jpg

Charles Mingus - Portrait

This is a live album spread over two heavyweight LPs. I've had it a few months, but tonight is the first time i've really listened to it and paid attention. I'm blown over by the realism of the instruments, all the way across the board. It's the woodwind instruments that stand out above all others, though. They are outstanding.

with the way the audience has been put into the mix, and the realism of everything, you really could be listening to this, live, at a jazz club.

I really recommend this.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Bretty

If I was to pick three albums from my selection, that I don't think have been mentioned elsewhere, they would be:

Alan Parsons Project.........Eye in the sky
10cc.........................Deceptive bends
Wynton Marsalis..............The Haydn trumpet concerto

I enjoy keeping an eye from the side lines and seeing what "jems" turn up. A vinyl thread was a great idea, and it's under the stewardship of a knowledgable chairman.

I may interject from time to time, if that's ok.

Keep flying the flag. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts