What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 303 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
Hi BBB,

I'm liking your jazz-infused playlist today.

Thanks Charlie.

Charlie Jefferson said:
Yes, the RHP is a re-issue. It's my joint fave with Down Colorful Hill. I never kept up with him much after Songs For A Blue Guitar bar the odd Sun Kil Moon album and a smattering of his solo songs here & there. You?

I have the first 3 albums on vinyl, also had 'Songs For A Blue Guitar', 'Ocean Beach' and 'Retrospective' on CD, but they've all been sold now. Never heard anything by Sun Kil Moon, guess I just cheered up and lost interest. *biggrin*

Charlie Jefferson said:
I keep meaning to check out Goats, my local vinyl shop has both (are there more?) of their albums but something else always seems to grab me.

As Jimbo said.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

My mate and his girlfriend came down from Leeds, so had a vinyl and cider session on Saturday night.

The records got filed away on Sunday, but I'll have a go at remembering what was played.

Miles Davis - Porgy & Bess

Aretha Franklin - Lady Soul

Joe Harriott & John Mayer Double Quintet - Indo-Jazz Fusions

The Associates - Sulk

White Noise 2 - Concerto For Synthesizer

Master Musicians Of Joujouka - Brian Jones Presents......

Fourteen Iced Bears - Wonder

Wall Of Voodoo - Granma's House

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
meliora.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

CD? Charlie!

I was hoping to be listening to John Coltrane - Blue Train tonight after a bl**dy awful day at work, but unfortunately the record arrived damaged, so it's already been packed up for return. Not one to hang around, I've ordered another copy from Juno Records, which I hope will arrive very soon.

CD? Charlie!

PS. I see the Mancs have once again managed to get the easiest group in the Champions League, and Man City once again have the most difficult group. *shok*

I genuinely looked at the 4 pots at lunchtime, and I picked all the worst teams in each pot, and said to myself, that'll be the Mancs group, and hey presto! It was!

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
CD? Charlie!

I've been listening exclusively to CDs recently as haven't been up to handling records safely. Looking forward to being able to listen to my records again soon. I have an 80s copy of Blue Train which I bought when I was in my teens, might dig that out for a listen then.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

James Brown - Soul Classics III

R-2757753-1299687114.jpeg.jpg

Followed later by Booker T & The MGs - The Booker T Set

DSC01692-300x253.jpg

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Yes CD, BBB, but it's worse than that. I've started running again - well, walking broken up by sorry bursts of lame acceleration - and I spent last evening not playing CDs but STREAMING tunes from my Mac to DAC. Such is the ache in my ancient legs that the mere act of moving beyond fixed sofa repose was just too much (well, apart from retreiving more wheat beers from the fridge). So there you have it!!!!

Yep, Mr. van Gaal's merry men have a decent draw but I'm sure we will contrive to make it difficult to scrape our way out. You must remind me which pot the Scousers were in again - I couldn't see them. Must have been an oversight on UEFAs part!!!!!

Liking your pics of those vinyl disc playback things. Particularly the music contained in the last post.

Hope the new order of Coltrane is an improvement.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
You must remind me which pot the Scousers were in again - I couldn't see them. Must have been an oversight on UEFAs part!!!!!

*lol*

We're in the 'Thursday night Channel 5' pot, though despite being in the supposedly weaker tournament, we have a stronger group than yourselves and Chelsea.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
You must remind me which pot the Scousers were in again - I couldn't see them. Must have been an oversight on UEFAs part!!!!!

*lol*

We're in the 'Thursday night Channel 5' pot, though despite being in the supposedly weaker tournament, we have a stronger group than yourselves and Chelsea.

Aaaah yes, that pot!!!

I'm glad United slipped below qualification for Europa last year. Then again, I'm really not very hopeful for this season, domestically and in Europe.

What do you make of Liverpool's prospects this year?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
What do you make of Liverpool's prospects this year?

I was more confident before todays result. *scratch_one-s_head*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Just played John Coltrane - Blue Train, which arrived today.

R-5612513-1412168116-1621.jpeg.jpg

Now playing Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue, because I am after the LFC result, and even more so after coming very very close with an accumalator bet that would've netted me nearly £4,000. *bad*

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Just to let you all know I am an avid - no pun - Leicester City FC fan, ST holder I've just got back from Boyrnemouth so I'm gonna so in some vinyl with a glass of vino !

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
Just to let you all know I am an avid - no pun - Leicester City FC fan, ST holder I've just got back from Boyrnemouth so I'm gonna so in some vinyl with a glass of vino !

Are you sure you haven't had some already? *biggrin*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Wire - It's Beginning To And Back Again

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

Slint - Spiderland

Can - Ege Bamyasi

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Having. Nice vinyl day today after getting soaked at Victorious festival yesterday and leaving before the two bands we went for (Primal Scream and Flaming Lips), we could have survived but 15 month old son was rather wet and cold by then.

New Order - Power Corruption and Lies

The The - Soul Mining

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Come Find Yourself

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Mainstream

John Cougar - American Fool

The Cramps - Stay Sick

The Smiths - Strangeways Here We Come

New Order - Low Life

The House of Love - Creation (ie the first album)

Now off to the pub for a few pre-dinner pints

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
jimbofisher said:
Having. Nice vinyl day today after getting soaked at Victorious festival yesterday and leaving before the two bands we went for (Primal Scream and Flaming Lips), we could have survived but 15 month old son was rather wet and cold by then.

The The - Soul Mining

The Cramps - Stay Sick

New Order - Low Life

very good selection mate !

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jimbofisher said:

The The - Soul Mining

The Cramps - Stay Sick

New Order - Low Life

Some good stuff their, Jimbo, shame about the festival though.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess

Miles-Davis-Porgy-And-Bess-314167.jpg

I've had this record for a little while now, but I'd never played it before last Saturday. It's only a mid-price reissue, but it really is a dynamic, great-sounding record, and highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts