What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 156 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
stevebrock said:
jimbofisher said:
The Wedding Present - Bizarro

The Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs

Can't wait for my Louder than Bombs US pressing to turn up!

Think mine is, I bought it as in import in 80s and it is on Sire rather than Rough Trade. Still in mint condition, no pops or scratches. Great album

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
A couple of record fair purchaes from earlier this summer. I was really disappointed with the quality when I got them home, very noisy and crackly.

However, a good clean with my Knosti has improved them greatly. A poorly looked after scratched record will always be imperfec t, no matter what expensive RCM you care to use, but a good clean even by something as modest as a Knosti can improve things a great deal.

519qYZXNzpL._SY450_.jpg

41QAS6V%2BtZL._SY450_.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Selective tracks from Madonna - Immaculate Collection.

Have to say, this is a very rare excursion into the world of pop by me, but the SQ is fantastic.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Have to say, this is a very rare excursion into the world of pop by me, but the SQ is fantastic.

Yep here LPs always sound good - vinyl, there is nothing quite like it

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Yep here LPs always sound good - vinyl, there is nothing quite like it

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Just put on Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses, not in the same league SQ wise which surprises me.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Just put on Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses, not in the same league SQ wise which surprises me.

Thought mine sounded very good (STUMM 47)

Played Delta Machine the other night - first time through the Elicit and it sounds absolutely superb - a lot of LF on that LP and my old Brio R sometimes lost it - the Elicit R really controls it well - bass snappy!!!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Played Delta Machine the other night - first time through the Elicit and it sounds absolutely superb - a lot of LF on that LP and my old Brio R sometimes lost it - the Elicit R really controls it well - bass snappy!!!

Mine's an original too, but in comparison to the Madonna LP, it sounds really compressed.

I have a Depeche Mode singles box set 86-98, from memory that sounds a lot better.

Have they remastered any of their albums?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
stevebrock said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Mine's an original too, but in comparison to the Madonna LP, it sounds really compressed.

I have a Depeche Mode singles box set 86-98, from memory that sounds a lot better.

Have they remastered any of their albums?

Not sure if they have done all of them - however Violator & Songs of Faith.... are both reissues and sound great

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I have the original of Songs Of Faith....., but can't remeber how good the SQ is.

I'm currently listening to Aha- Hunting High And Low, much to my wife's disgust. :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I have the original of Songs Of Faith....., but can't remeber how good the SQ is.

I'm currently listening to Aha- Hunting High And Low, much to my wife's disgust. :)

Hunting High & Low, Scoundrel Days really show how good vinyl sounds - i play them regular

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BBB, whats up with your GT50? had mine a year now, new PSU last xmas - still 5 years on the warranty

They're fitting a new panel on it, should have it back by the end of the week.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Hunting High & Low, Scoundrel Days really show how good vinyl sounds - i play them regular

I'm not an 80s fan as you might know, but I have a weird soft spot for Aha, and was quite sad when they split for the final time.

Something about the melodies and Morten's voice I guess.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts