What vintage speaker?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
What looks like some variant of the octagonal Philips AD5060 SQ8 mid-range drivers (as seen here) suggests that they were built between 1972 - 1993 when Grundig increasingly came under Philips' control.

The tweeters are also Philips (AD0163 T8s ) which reinforces their Philips 'parts bin' provenance.

I can't help any more but I would guess they are from the late 1970s to early 1980s and well looked after.

I will persevere and get back if I nail the exact models.

chebby said:
What looks like some variant of the octagonal Philips AD5060 SQ8 mid-range drivers (as seen here) suggests that they were built between 1972 - 1993 when Grundig increasingly came under Philips' control.

The tweeters are also Philips (AD0163 T8s ) which reinforces their Philips 'parts bin' provenance.

I can't help any more but I would guess they are from the late 1970s to early 1980s and well looked after.

Nice work Inspector chebby! :)

danimahler

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:

Thanks for the enthusiasm!

If it helps.. woofer is 10inch and the seller claims 85watt.

danimahler

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I could be the same series..

Haha, it should not be this hard. And i don't want to by a pair of speakers for 80$ in blindness.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
What a challenge! I have just looked at "Hi-Fi Yearbooks" 1971 to 1978 and some "Hi-Fi Choice Louspeakers" books. No clues... these in relative terms must be more recent. There were indeed many variants based on the mid range driver.

danimahler

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys!

The seller found a local buyer with a high bid.

Back to the search of model.

I e-mailed the Grundig manufacturer with the pictures and my question "The seller claims that it is Grundig Box85. But I'm starting to hesitate because I can't find any info about that model" :

Dear Sir,

unfortunately, we cannot help you here. Speaker as Grundig Box 85 are not known.

Very strange..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts