What turntable should I buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a decent turntable but am undecided between the Pro-ject RPM 5 (seen for £359), the updated Pro-ject RPM 5.2 (£425) and the Rega P3-24/Elys 2 (£500)

My question is would I notice a discernable difference between the RPM 5 and the Rega for another £140? Or even between the two Pro-ject decks? Would I be better off buying the RPM 5 and spending the difference upgrading the phono amp I need to buy? Or just get a basic phono amp and spend the difference on vinyl!

I've got a Musical Fidelity X-A1 Amp, Mission 731 Speakers and listen to all types of music.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi There,

Rega, every day of the week, but not the Elys cart, weak link, have a look later if you have the cash on a Dynavector DV10x5 its not cheap,but it doesn't sound it,add it to a Creek OBH phono stage and the little Rega will really really sing like a bird.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello there,have to agree with silly about the rega but you should check out the new 2m range of cartridges form ortofon.they fit very well on the rega arm.

T

the record spot

Rega any day for me - great decks, solid build, the new P3 apparently sounds the part. As ever, try to audition, but I've had my Rega P3 for 7 going on 8 years and it's never missed a beat; highly recommended.

Alternatively, you might pick up a good deal on the secondhand market - Systemdeck II, LP12, Pink triangle, etc, all quality decks which are worth keeping an eye out for.

Last but not least, WHF wasn't mad on it, but the Michell Technodec at around £600 has your budget's appeal, but great upgrade potential too. well recommended by other mags, so has to be worth considering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts