What surround sound receiver should I buy? Sony STR-DA5400ES or Pioneer SC-LX81 or even the Yamaha

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have read the latest review on the the Sony STR-DA5400ES and the Pioneer SC-LX81 but can't decide which one to go for. Or should it be the Yamaha. I am really struggling to find a store that has all 3 and can offer me a comparative test. I have even been advised to look at Denon, but that may be because they didn't have the others (apart from the Pioneer) in stock.

In the past I have bought the Sony STR-DA1200ES based on the reviews but with my Focal JM-Lab Sib XL fronts, SIB surrounds and Velodyne CHT8 Subwoofer, it sounds quite harsh and I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I don't need the Surround sound amp to provide Hi-Fi stereo as I have a Meridian system with Dynaudio speakers which fulfil that role very well!

I am looking for a good quality sound that has good bass definition and a smooth mid range without top end harshness. Any help in deciding would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I am having the same quandry and wouldnt discount the fact that the Denon 4308 (RRP £3kish) is now available for £1500..

Which of these is best !!

Nigel

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 5400 is now a 6400 and I would suggest a listen to that plus the Yamaha 3900 . If you are going for all out home cinema as you suggest the Sony may be the choice, the steering of effects is exceptional without being obvious and forced.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts