Should I upgrade - Pioneer LX85 - LX701B

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I have a dilema...I have a Pioneer SC-LC85 which I have owned since its release some 6 years ago. THe problem is it has developed a fault! When the amp switches from surround mode to Stereo mode, the amp suts off into sfae mode. I can get around this by listening in stereo in 'Direct Mode'

It has promted me into thinking it might be about time to replace my amp in the near future - the problem is I cant really justify spending 2K on an amp anymore (Kids!)

I was wondering if anyone knew weather I would get a drop in sound quality if I replaced my amp with a LX701B ? THis is a drop down in tems of going down to the 7 series, but obviously this would be a modern amp with newer technology. The 4K thing isnt really an issue for me as I plug my 4K sources into my TV using the ARC for audio to my amp.

I have Tannoy Revolution signature DC6T, DC6 (Centre) DC4 (Rear) and Velodyne SPL 1000 Ultra sub

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

umbucker said:
I have a dilema...I have a Pioneer SC-LC85 which I have owned since its release some 6 years ago. THe problem is it has developed a fault! When the amp switches from surround mode to Stereo mode, the amp suts off into sfae mode. I can get around this by listening in stereo in 'Direct Mode'

It has promted me into thinking it might be about time to replace my amp in the near future - the problem is I cant really justify spending 2K on an amp anymore (Kids!)

I was wondering if anyone knew weather I would get a drop in sound quality if I replaced my amp with a LX701B ? THis is a drop down in tems of going down to the 7 series, but obviously this would be a modern amp with newer technology. The 4K thing isnt really an issue for me as I plug my 4K sources into my TV using the ARC for audio to my amp.

I have Tannoy Revolution signature DC6T, DC6 (Centre) DC4 (Rear) and Velodyne SPL 1000 Ultra sub

Thanks
The lx701 only gets four stars and is the equivalent of the lx50 back in the day. There has also been problems with firmware updates causing problems. I think I might have similar problem to you on my LX81, I can't seem to get it out of stereo on the front of it! I have been playing Bluetooth Arcam Blink on it, and now I can't get back to master audio and Dolby True HD on the front. I click on bd but it's not working.

D

Deleted member 2457

Here's the WHF review:

https://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/sc-lx701/review

Dont forget it's made by Onkyo now too.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I wouldnt want to spend more than 1000 to be honest, but id only really want to take the plunge if I was to expect an increase in audio quality through my Tannoys

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
You can get the 7011 for £899 with 3 years warranty. (It was £1499 when it came out and was very well reviewed at that price). I am very happy with mine so far.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts