What sub?

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys – I would like more bass in my new hifi system but not sure which subwoofer to go for. I have an AVI setup consisting of Lab Series cdp, Integrated amp and Duo speakers. I also use a Project Debut turntable which will eventually be upgraded. I have considered the usual suspects from Velodyne and REL but am still non the wiser. Are the budget Wharfedales any good?

My budget is around the £500 mark and the sub will be used for music only.

Cheers - DD

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Drummerdave"]
Hi guys - I would like more bass in my new hifi system but not sure which subwoofer to go for. I have an AVI setup consisting of Lab Series cdp, Integrated amp and Duo speakers. I also use a Project Debut turntable which will eventually be upgraded. I have considered the usual suspects from Velodyne and REL but am still non the wiser. Are the budget Wharfedales any good?

My budget is around the £500 mark and the sub will be used for music only.

Cheers - DD

I have the Quad L with a purpose built switch mounted on the rear so I can use it for both music and films,2 pre-sets for each.

It's great.
[/quote]

A

Anonymous

I use a REL Quake for stereo only. It's very good but I guess the size you need depends on the size of the room. If you have £500 to spend it's probably worth spending all of it TBH.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I'd have to agree that it depends on the size of the room.

A brand that doesn't seem to get much coverage in the mag, but deserve serious consideration, are BK. The XLS 200 & 300, and even the mighty Monolith would all be in your budget.

Worth considering IMO (and worth a review WHF guys ? Please ? Pretty please ?)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bigblue235"]worth a review WHF guys[/quote]

Loads of subs tested here.

http://www.avtalk.co.uk/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=50&rid=0&SQ=0

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts