what speakers would match marantz pm4001

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I read on the marantz website that when you pair speakers of a lower impendence than 8ohm that the amp would clip. Is this true or is it merely caution on the manfacturers behalf? I've seen on richer sounds website that the marantz is avaiable for £100 brand new. Would it be sensible to pair this amp with my existing diamond 8.1's which have an impendence of 6ohms or would i need to look elsewhere for an amp capable of driving these speakers?

Thanks for your help guys

A

Anonymous

Diamond 8.1 or even Diamond 9.0/9.1 would be a superb match.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I think they mean at the full rated output. As long as you don't cane the hell out of the amp (11 o'clock on the volume dial is the normal "safe" max) then you should be fine.

Reading again through what you say, I think they mean pairing as in a pair of lefts and a pair of rights, in other words two sets of speakers together... in this case then they are probably correct as resistance in parallel (as in a speaker connected to each of the 4 outputs on the back) would be halved, so two 8ohm speakers would present a 4ohm load, and two 4ohm speakers would present a 2ohm load, which would probably result in clipping..

Hope this helps...fbsf.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts