What speakers to partner with Valve Amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys.
Quick question to ask what the best standmount speakers are to place in a small room with a Valve Amplifier.
I have a preference for a sound that has excellent timing and is very musical. 
Because its a valve, speakers that have a high sensitivity would be best.
D. 

A

Anonymous

80 Watts Amp (Both sides)
£2,000 upto for speakers
£2000 upto for CD player

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
chebby:
Yesterday you wanted speakers to go with an all Naim system.

dean9:Planned system: Naim Nac152XS/ Naim Nap155XS/ B&W 805s/ Naim CD5X2/ Van Den Hul Blue Series/ Partington Dreadnoughts/ Cambridge Audio DacMagic

What happened?

Wind up?

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
It would be nice to know the name of the valve amp in question, as 80 watts per channel seems to be quite rare, and very expensive!

(unless it's 'music power' or whatever)

A

Anonymous

try these sansui speakers ... ebay item 150379947901 ... ending in half an hour and standing on £26

A

Anonymous

RCduck7:

Can these still be considered as serious hifi soundwise??

Klipsch speakers are easy with valves...

not sure ... never ever heard them, but I have old speakers (B&W DM2 speakers ... 3 way hand built transmissions) only paid £50 for mine and sound very fine to me ....

sansui made some very good stuff in the old days ... suppose it boils down to your budget

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I could be way off the mark, but the OP seems to have a number of similar threads asking the same question but from a different start point. Moreover, not mentioning the name of the amp seems a little strange.

So, the question. Is this a serious thread?

Apologies if I have been too quick to judge. But the evidence points to a wind up.

A

Anonymous

oh well ... missed another bargain ... the sansui's sold for £52 (plus a day trip to Birmingham to collect) ... some good reviews on those

5-way
12" woofer
4.5" squawker
2" tweeter (x2)
6" x 2" horn tweeter
Rated at 130 watts
Frequency response 30-22,000 Hz.

suppose you snooze... you loose .... dont think there are many speakers in the £500 bracket that can compare based on the google reviews

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts