What speakers to match Sony 2400es amp

Pittodriered

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I'm looking for some advice as to what speakers to match to my Sony STR-2400es av amp. My current speakers are from my original all in one sony set up. Ideally i'm looking at spending about £500, but i've a feeling that'll change. My system is used for watching tv, blu-ray and gaming. There is a lack of decent av shops where I live so auditioning is a bit of a struggle, hence why i'm asking on here. I'm currently looking at the speakers listed below, in order of preference:

1 Q Acoustics 2000 cinema

2 Jamo A102 HCS 5

3 KEF 2005.3

I'm going to upgrade my spekaer cable at the same time and am thinking of getting QED Silver Anniversary XT or Chord Carnival Silverscreen. Again any advice on these cables would be appreciated.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
While I can't recommend a set (someone will be along with one in just a mo!) I can't help thinking a £500 set won't do your amp justice.

I had this amp for a while (long story) driving £950 Dynaudio fronts and £400 Dynaudio centre and I felt the amp /speakers were pretty well matched for quality...

I'm not sure a 'cheap' surround package will get the most out of it.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I think people would need more detail before they offered any advice, such as room size, proximity of neighbours and whether you're set on a style system or could accommodate floorstanders/standmount speakers.

Keep an eye out on fleabay plus general Google searches for speaker cable. I've just picked up some Chord Odyssey 4 from a hi-fi shop in Guildford via a general tinterweb search.

Pittodriered

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. My lounge/dining room is 4m wide x 8m long however where the tv and current speakers are is about 4m x 4m. As i said my cuurent speakers are from an all in one set and are slim floorstanders. I've no preference when buying the new speakers and am open to all advice. Neighbours aren't a problem as they've never complained about the current set up.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
If it was my money i would consider the Q Acoustics 1010i package and add the 1030i floorstander for the fronts this will give you a 7.1 system although not much is available in 7.1. So i would either sell the spare two speakers or try and find someone who you can purchase them without. I didn't mention the 1050i as the price is around £650 fo the av package, but again you could add at a later date.Other packages worth looking at are MA Vectors the Older Radius models and Tannoy Arena-lites, however the QA 2000 do look very nice.

A

Anonymous

Considering the Q Acoustics 2000 won product of the year this year and has been voted the best speakers up to £1,000 i think they are a bargin at only £450.

A

Anonymous

Sevenoaks Southampton are selling a Monitor Audio Vector package for 549.00 on their eBay Shop. There's even a Best Offer option, so I would imagine you could get the price down a bit more.

A

Anonymous

If it was my money i would consider the Q Acoustics 1010i package and add the 1030i floorstander for the fronts this will give you a 7.1 system although not much is available in 7.1.

Hi Lobby

When you refer to 7.1 does this mean the Dolby prologicIIz format? If so can't you get aforementioned 7.1 from a decent amp by selecting this sound format?

Or does 7.1 mean a format actually recorded on the Blu Ray disc itself?

Apologies for what sounds like (and probably is) a stupid question but I was pretty close to buying a decent amp and hooking up a 7.1 system and when I read your comment I thought I'd better seek clarification.

A

Anonymous

andytucker:Considering the Q Acoustics 2000 won product of the year this year and has been voted the best speakers up to £1,000 i think they are a bargin at only £450.

where have you seen the Q Acoustics for £450? or was it a typo...?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts