What speakers go well with NAIM equipment? HELP!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HELP!!! I have been doing demo's with NAIM 122x,150x and CD5x setup all week but can't seem to find speakers that really make me want to part with my cash! I started with focal chorus 816v floor standers then spendor s6e's onto pmc floor standers and finally B&W 805's. Anybody know of any good recommendations for speaker combo's for this particular setup or just any idea's. Any help would be much appreciated! Ta.

A

Anonymous

I'd go for NEAT aswell,stunning speakers,but demanding,the more power they get,the better they sound.

A

Anonymous

How about Naim speakers or Cudos Totem and dont forget Linn. Chris C.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Chris C"]How about Naim speakers or Cudos Totem and dont forget Linn. Chris C.[/quote]

[Shocked Icon here!!!] I hope I am not the only one that think Naim's speakers are (unlike their electronics) too laid back and very expensive for what you are getting!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice, I shall try and track down someone in my area that sells NEAT speakers and give them a demo. Hopefully they will sound better than the handful i have tryed so far, fingers crossed....

A

Anonymous

I also think Naim speakers are poor value. They're good, nice and clear, but at every price there's something a little better made by someone else.

As for spendor, a bit like cleaning your windows and putting up net curtains - lovely soft neutral rounded sound that hides a multitude of sins from the source equipment; but if you like clear highs, deep lows and a punchy rythmn (and owning a CD5x one presumes you do) better go for Neat (Motive 1) or Totem (Sttaf) - similar in many ways but the neats are better built for the same cost.

I tried a LOAD of speakers to go with my CD5x and bought the Neat Motive 1s.

Before buying the 122x / 150x, did you also try the Nait5i and SuperNait? Was the 122x / 150x better?

A

Anonymous

You won't go wrong with Neat,something like the Motive 2 is pure class,a superb speaker,will sound great on the end of those naim amps.

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
..A friend of mine bought a pair of Epos speakers on stand mounts for his NAIM system (I forget their model no) they sounded excellent.

...But (sorry Andrew + Clare) have a peruse of NAIM Audio's own forum ....their members are all NAIM fanatics and will be happy to advise......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts