Naim Uniti 2 - Speakers for Bass/Full sound

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Yeah CNO I must admit that's (sticking with Linn) probably where my head is at right now to be honest, albeit apart from the speakers. On Saturday I am going to listen to the following with the Majik DSM:

Linn Majik 140

Neat Motive 2

Kef R300/700

B&W CM1

Given the potential cost of each of those I will probably stick hold of the Classik for another 6 - 8 months and run it with whichever speakers I get (and if I can't pick one from that lot there's something wrong with me) simply because the cost of ugrading to the Majik DSM AND speakers right now is just too much.

I'm really looking forward to giving all them a blast on Saturday. On a slightly humorous note I was picking CD's to take with me to listen to on the DSM and then I remembered that....maybe I shoukd just take my iPod eh :clap:.

I also need to fix up listening to the Naim Uniti 2 with the Dynaudios at a different dealer but I can't do that for another week or so - as you can see I'm taking my time with this one.

I will certainly report back here at every step and provide you with as good as a comparison as I can as you have helped me a lot with speakers to consider - I'd be happy to.

On another note I dismantled my Sonos system this evening and set up my iTunes library with the new Apple Airport Express plugged into the back of the Classik/Majik 2100. I can honestly say it's made a massive massive difference especially with the high bitrate/lossless files.

As the new AE has an Ethernet port that's the first component I need to a complete streaming setup next year. UPnP/NAS next :dance:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Paulq said:
Given the potential cost of each of those I will probably stick hold of the Classik for another 6 - 8 months and run it with whichever speakers I get (and if I can't pick one from that lot there's something wrong with me) simply because the cost of ugrading to the Majik DSM AND speakers right now is just too much.

I bet that'll take a great deal of self control!

If you have some CDs, they may be able to rip them as well for your demo.

Good luck, and you'll be a lot wiser afterwards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts