What Speakers for Naim Unite 2

fibreopticjesus

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi my first posting.

Im testing a Naim Uniti 2 next Saturday. I have asked to test them with floorstanding speakers and they are proposing the Kef R500's but also recommended that I listened to the R300's. My living room is 6.6 x 5.0m carpet on raised timber floor. I like all forms of music but Indi-rock is my main listening. Looks are also important so probably Piano style finish are dark apple wood. I know the finish shouldn't be biggest issue but I need to compromise

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Other than the R300's and R500's (definitely recommend R500's), you could also look at the PMC Twenty.23's and Dynaudio X32's. I would also highly recommend Neat as they are designed with Naim equipment in mind, but their price list doesn't list piano black, although it does state other finishes are available special order.

fibreopticjesus said:
Hi my first posting.

Im testing a Naim Uniti 2 next Saturday. I have asked to test them with floorstanding speakers and they are proposing the Kef R500's but also recommended that I listened to the R300's. My living room is 6.6 x 5.0m carpet on raised timber floor. I like all forms of music but Indi-rock is my main listening. Looks are also important so probably Piano style finish are dark apple wood. I know the finish shouldn't be biggest issue but I need to compromise

Hi fibreopticjesus

Welcome to the WHF Forum :)

Btw, ATC's SCM11 monitors and if budget allows then Proac's D18's, ATC's SCM19 & SCM40 monitors and Monitor Audio's GX200's are also worth a look as Naim's Uniti 2 pairs well with these speakers :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

fibreopticjesus

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the advice peeps.

I will contact the showroom to see if I can cover as many of the suggested speakers as possible.

I had forgotten how exciting it is to test sound gear:bounce:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts