What speaker(s)?

bcjcben

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I will soon be redoing my bedroom. It is a pretty small room measuring about 270x280cm. I want a speaker/ speaker system that I will easily be able to play music through. I want a pretty decent set of speakers with plenty of bass, but I am by no means wealthy and am not an audio phile so something reasonably priced eith adequate quality will suit me (I mainly care about the low end). However I'm not sure what system to get! I would prefer if it's hidden such as under my bed or in a desk cabinet but wall mounted speakers are fine.Bluetooth connection is preferred or AirPlay. I don't really want to have a single source ie I would prefer multiple speakers that I can place around the room instead if an single speaker somewhere, can anyone help me out? The only other audio devices I own are: a Panasonic Htb485ebk sound bar for my tv downstairs, a UE Megaboom and a pair of Bose Qc25s

I thought about the Sony GTKXB7B because of it's portability if required and decent bass but I'm sure you'll be able to suggest better

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
bcjcben said:
It is a pretty small room measuring about 270x280cm. ... I want a pretty decent set of speakers with plenty of bass, but I am by no means wealthy...

Honestly, with that room size and with your expectation I would just buy a great headphones.

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
An idea of budget would help. Also, what kind of music?

Sounds to me like an active sub with some modest bookshelf speakers (probably also active).

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I just impulsively bought a pair on EBay and am hugely disappointed.

I never really understood the term "boxed in" until I heard the MAs, the bass is there and it's surprisingly deep for a small speaker but it sounds exactly like somebody banging a drum inside a wooden box.

Vocals are almost brilliant apart from the singer sounding like they have a lisp, with Sss sounding like Shh.

Not impressed.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Small room, low budget, main requirement is lots of bass. Not a promising combination.

Maybe 2 smaller speakers and a sub would be the way to go. Perhaps active monitors and a matching sub.

anonymous

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
bcjcben said:
The budget is probably £100-£500, and modern music like dance/ rap

i say dali zensor 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS8CtpoWCA

ps. for those that have small rooms (and have money and listen to classic music, etc, and soft like music i say)
Gradient 5.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzY5H1XzDoc

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion would be a pair of sealed box speakers, designed to be used with their backs right against the walls.

Something like Goodmans Magisters or Magnums, Heybrook HB2 or HB3, maybe Linn Saras.

Make sure you have them on a good pair of stands or a really sturdy pair of wall brackets.

lindsayt said:
My suggestion would be a pair of sealed box speakers, designed to be used with their backs right against the walls.

Something like Goodmans Magisters or Magnums, Heybrook HB2 or HB3, maybe Linn Saras.

Make sure you have them on a good pair of stands or a really sturdy pair of wall brackets.

I don't think the HB3's will work well in a small room as they are rather big. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts