What rough price for Hi-Fi diminishing returns

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Friesiansam

I was comparing HiFi systems with computers, suggesting that in both cases, spending more money typically results in better hardware and components.

But that doesn't guarantee a significant improvement in sound quality, that's all.
As is the case with computers, once you get past the mid-range, prices rise much faster than performance. With computers, that is especially apparent in graphics cards.

Dom

As is the case with computers, once you get past the mid-range, prices rise much faster than performance. With computers, that is especially apparent in graphics cards.
I gave up on GPU's, because I used to buy mid-range ones until there prices became a joke.

Luckily, I don't game any more except for a few games of Hearthstone with my bro. That can run on a potato.

But lets keep this about Hifi.

I was comparing HiFi systems with computers, suggesting that in both cases, spending more money typically results in better hardware and components.

But that doesn't guarantee a significant improvement in sound quality, that's all.

And maybe these measures may seem quite basic, but it's a common observation that many people struggle to distinguish between audio systems priced at £5,000 and those costing £10,000.
Perhaps you should have mentioned computers if that’s what you were thinking. I’ve re-read the posts and cannot see that computers were mentioned at all!

Reactions: doifeellucky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts