What receiver ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm shortly upgrading my home cinema system, PDP-LX 5090,BDP-LX 71 blu ray. i'm keeping my speaker package(B&W DM603 fronts, DM601 rears, LCR 60 centre and ASW675 sub.)So i'd like your views on a receiver to get the very best out of the system. Do you think, onkyo 875 or yamaha DPS-AX863SE or pioneer VSX-1018 (SC-LX81, to dear).Or can you suggest something else? Many thanks, Lance.

A

Anonymous

Hi ,Was considering the denon 1909 till i saw the yamaha 863se looks and sounds superb according to the reviews i know its a bit dearer but at the end of the day its the heart of any entertainment system so its got to be capable.

Im certainly will be auditioning the yamaha £529 online seen denon £419 online.

Good luck but listening to a few is the key to buying everybodys ears hear different so its down to your own personal judgement really and how you think it sounds.

DAZ

A

Anonymous

Hi, I too am in the process of trying to choose an A/V Receiver to go with my Pioneer PDP-LX50590 and B&W MT30 speaker system.ÿThe various options that I have been considering are as follows: Pioneer SC-LX71 or SC-LX81, Yamaha RX-V3900 or RX-V3800, and the Denon AVR 1909 or AVR 2309.

The Yamaha 863SE does not have a receiverÿhowever I'm not sure if this is a concern for you. It certainly has had very good reviews though.

I've tried to get advice from a variety of "experts" in different shops and have been confusingly told either that it is strongly advised to go for the better receiver in order to get the best out of the screen and speakers and also alternatively that I'd be hard pressed to tell a significant amount of difference with a cheaper model.

ÿ

I too believe that it's worth trying to get a decent receiver as it is at the heart of the system.ÿ

ÿ

I know that the number of HDMI inputs does tend to increase with the more expensive models so that might be a factor for you.

ÿ

At present I am leaning towards the Pioneer SC-LX71 (as it's cheaper than the the 81) but like you would also appreciate more advice from others.

ÿÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts