What is your vinyl holy grail?

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Ok, so what is that LP that you just can't track down or is listed on 'that' auction site for ridiculous money?

Mine is the Classic records 200g release of LZ's Houses of the holy.

I've got a few LZ 200g releases and pretty much all of the Who ones they sound great, but I missed the boat with this one and cannot find it anywhere.

Flea bay currently lists them at around £ 240!!!!! NO WAY!!!!

Are there any gems that you'd like, but either can't track down or can't afford?

In addition, if you do know of a sensibly priced 200g HOTH, please let me know!!!!

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
For me the 'Holy Grail' LP is The Beatles 'Let It Be' boxset with the book. I saw a tatty copy once, back in the late 90s... £150.00!

I keep trawling the car boots in hope...

:)

A

Anonymous

hi mickeyjoef just seen beatles let it be box set with booklet on ebay at £36 with an hour left on it

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd like some good-condition original Beatles mono LPs to actually play. Specifically, if there was a choice, Pepper, Revolver and The Beatles (aka White Album). But their prices are artificially inflated by nerdy collectors with no turntables (probably) who only want to store them in hermetically-sealed display cases away from daylight while they discuss first-issue matrix numbers and rare mis-pressings with their equally-nerdy mates.

Paul, I've long fancied some Mercury Living Stereo recordings from the early stereo days, and a few from the Lyrita catalogue, all in lovely analogue!

An original Solti Ring cycle would be a grand thing to have on the shelf too.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Elvis-Presley-Elvis-Is-Back-344722.jpg

sinatrasands.jpg

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
One of mine is actually being released, fingers crossed, on 31st October, The Beach Boys' Smile.

Others are: any good quality pressings of mono Beatles albums, Captain Beegheart's Safe As Milk first pressing, Alternative by Pet Shop Boys and a mono Highway 61 Revisited first pressing.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Not exactly "holy grail" because it's been out there waiting for me to buy it for a while now, but I've always wanted to get this on vinyl since I downloaded the MP3's off eMusic a few years ago..

Fleetwood-Mac-Live-At-The-Bosto-475183.jpg

Alternatively known as Live At The Boston Tea Party, this is a 4 LP set from the vintage Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac, absolutely at the peak of their considerable powers.

Walked into the Manchester show this morning and went directly to the Diverse Vinyl stall in the foyer. Blow me but what was the very first LP I clapped eyes on!

God, I could have spent a small fortune on vinyl today. Jayhawks, Ry Cooder, Rory Gallagher, Aretha Franklin, Derek Trucks, Joe Bonamassa, Trees albums were all tantalising me, begging me to buy them but I managed to contain myself :)

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
Not exactly "holy grail" because it's been out there waiting for me to buy it for a while now, but I've always wanted to get this on vinyl since I downloaded the MP3's off eMusic a few years ago..

Alternatively known as Live At The Boston Tea Party, this is a 4 LP set from the vintage Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac, absolutely at the peak of their considerable powers.

Walked into the Manchester show this morning and went directly to the Diverse Vinyl stall in the foyer. Blow me but what was the very first LP I clapped eyes on!

God, I could have spent a small fortune on vinyl today. Jayhawks, Ry Cooder, Rory Gallagher, Aretha Franklin, Derek Trucks, Joe Bonamassa, Trees albums were all tantalising me, begging me to buy them but I managed to contain myself :)

And ? Do you mean to say that you didn't buy anything ? You really must have great will power if you didn't ( or possibly a wallet that can't take the pressure) ,

Nick

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
DIB said:

And ? Do you mean to say that you didn't buy anything ? You really must have great will power if you didn't ( or possibly a wallet that can't take the pressure) ,

Nick

Oh no. I bought it.
smiley-smile.gif

I just had to contain myself buying loads more.

Listening to it now. Fantastic quality, just finishing the 2nd disc and not had one pop or crackle yet.

I actually did also buy the latest Sharon Jones and the Dapkings album.

It's not cheap this new vinyl lark you know.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
[/quote]

It's not cheap this new vinyl lark you know.

[/quote]

Tell me about it . Having bought Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize , Voyage 34 ,Steve Wilson's latest and also contemplating Sigur Ros's new live triple LP I know all about the costs of this hobby . Unfortunately so does the wife !

The Fleetwood Mac set looks interesting I think I'll have to do some research on it . Well , Christmas is coming !

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts