What is your opinon on these amps?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am asking for a friend and obviously where possible they will be demoed, but he has basically shortlisted 3 amps

Which are Marantz PM 7001 KI

Creek Evo

Roksan Kandy L3

There are some very good deals to be had on the latter 2 and that is why they both caught the eye

Which do you rate as the being the rest of the bunch and worst?

Cheers guys

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hi fi newbie:

I am asking for a friend and obviously where possible they will be demoed, but he has basically shortlisted 3 amps

Which are Marantz PM 7001 KI

Creek Evo

Roksan Kandy L3

There are some very good deals to be had on the latter 2 and that is why they both caught the eye

Which do you rate as the being the rest of the bunch and worst?

Cheers guys

Creek Evo for £500 is brilliant - cheaper, snatch the hand off. It's just a very good amp that feels and looks like it costs double.

John Duncan

All three are great, but I think it depends on what you;re looking for - the Creek and the Roksan are lively like labrador puppies, the Marantz to me a bit more refined. But if you can get cracking deals on the latter two then I don't think you'd be disappointed. The Creek especially looks cool
emotion-2.gif

Just don't try to stick it in your home cinema, eh gerrard?
emotion-5.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:All three are great, but I think it depends on what you;re looking for - the Creek and the Roksan are lively like labrador puppies, the Marantz to me a bit more refined. But if you can get cracking deals on the latter two then I don't think you'd be disappointed. The Creek especially looks cool
emotion-2.gif

Just don't try to stick it in your home cinema, eh gerrard?
emotion-5.gif

Yep, forgot to mention that. My little baby had to go. I think it's a Creek thing. You can't seperate pre and power to connect to your AV receiver using the pre outs. If you are not going to do this it's not a problem. The Evo though is as John says, more powerful than it looks. 85 into 8ohm, or a full 165/170w into 4!

A

Anonymous

Don't want to steal the thread - but John, what would be a cracking deal on Creek or Roksan? I am getting a 7001Ki for £420 today - is that a deal at this price or are Creek Evo at £390 or Roksan Kandy L III at £540ish better?

T

the record spot

Creek Evo is very tempting at £390, Roksan Kandy LIII less so at the price (it was only £650 or so to start with wasn't it?). That becomes a bit tougher I think. Readup!

Creek Evo review (with the Creek CD player):-

http://www.creekaudio.com/downloads/evo_hfc.pdf

Another EVO review (scroll down to the second post):-

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifier-reviews/123-creek-evo-integrated-amplifier-review.html

This Hi-Fi News article briefly states the 7001 KI CD and amp sound "terrific", but short on detail thereafter. Good interview though!

http://www.hifinews.co.uk/content/interview.html

Good article here from an Australian site (Smarthouse):-

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Reviews/Real_Hi_Fi/P7X6H3T6

Think there's plenty on the Roksan without needing to add more here, not least on the WHFS&V review section of the site.

Hope that helps!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chainrock:
Don't want to steal the thread - but John, what would be a cracking deal on Creek or Roksan? I am getting a 7001Ki for £420 today - is that a deal at this price or are Creek Evo at £390 or Roksan Kandy L III at £540ish better?

The Evo was up against the Cambridge 840A v2, and a few other £750-£1000 amps recently in a mag. It came second to the 840 and the rrp given was £595. £390 is a good price.

A

Anonymous

OP may be getting better prices - but those are the ones I found online.

Record Spot, thanks - I did see those reviews on PM7001Ki... They may have done the reviews with original retail price in mind though (around £550-600 I believe?).

Ah decisions decisions!

T

the record spot

I think so, so the cheaper price is a good thing - more for your money etc. They're three good amps; down to individual preference really. And I sympathise ahving been through the same conundrum recently!

A

Anonymous

On that note, do you know how long creek's warranty on it's products are?

T

the record spot

No idea - in the first instance, assume twelve months and anything else is a bonus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts