Your opinion on these amps is important!

baltun

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys, in your opinion, which of the following amps has the most dynamic, tightest, sharpest and fastest sound character (especially in the bass), while lots of detail at the highs and a deep and wide soundstage?

Please consider I’m talking about high volumes and heavy musical genres.

Primare Pre32/A34.2

NAD M3

Musical Fidelity M6i

Naim Supernait 2

Thank you.

KWONAD

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Best Baltun,

nice question!

to the point, i don't heard all 4 you call.

the most expensive amps are a bit to cold to pure. They made for classic music.

but then there are good allrounders on the market.

i listen to serveral different gernes and as you read my signature i am a huge fan of NAD and now you know wich of the 4 you call i will recomends,

the NAD M3. but there alwaws be a but, you have different ears on your head than i have. :rofl:

then we must not forget the speaker systems! Wich speakers do you want to connect on the 4 amps? Do you want protect your speakers or have a set of Emergency speakers for metal? I play sometimes very loud on a NAD/JBL combination and stil i don't blow up any part :rockout:

in history i set amps in fire and smoke, then i must get another amp and speakers :dance:.

last but not least in this post is my recomendation to go visit good hifi stores and take a seat and listen to serveral set-ups and make your disition a bit later.

So i done it and what i discouvered is that all the special amps i listen to were not my cup of thee, the tube and hybride amp. I prefer the good old solid state transitor amps. :boohoo:

Can you actually get to audition any of these?
You are going to get lots of different suggestions because everyones not going to be hearing the same thing as you are in an amp.
What speakers will you be using?
If it was my money I'd be looking at the Musical Fidelity or the Primare (always rated them).
The Naim has a very like it or loath it sound, you will have to audition that one before buying for sure.

baltun

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Al ears,

The point of this topic is precisely the sound character of these amps per se, regardless of the speakers, etc used with them.

It's not about preferring one over the other. It's about pointing to an amp from the list which, in your opinion, has the above-mentioned sonic features.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I would certainly add Plinius to that list. Some of the most 'realistic' sounds I've heard were amplified by the brand ... and some single digit watt Audio Note mono blocks.

regards

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
baltun said:
Guys, in your opinion, which of the following amps has the most dynamic, tightest, sharpest and fastest sound character (especially in the bass), while lots of detail at the highs and a deep and wide soundstage?

Please consider I’m talking about high volumes and heavy musical genres.

Primare Pre32/A34.2

NAD M3

Musical Fidelity M6i

Naim Supernait 2

Thank you.

If those are your choices then the Primare, no question. if you can get the pre-power for the right money then fine, if not the integrated i32 will get you pretty close for less money.

The Naim does not have the power and the others are a little full in the bass leading to a lack of speed and precision.

And Primare are a good company, if you have issues your dealer cannot sort out, they will be more helpful than most.

Well I've heard the Naim and the Musical Fidelity (both owned by mates of mine) and I have owned Primare Pre30/A30.2 so I would have to concur with davedotco.
Out of those on your list I would say the Primare also.
That's the best I can do as you'll probably not find anyone who has actually heard all of the amps on your list

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts