What is the difference between the Dynaudio DM 2/6 & DM 2/7

gasolin

The other day i looked at,watched some youtube videos of the Dynaudio DM 2/6 & DM 2/7, other then the size, weight,price,4 vs 6 ohm and a crossover that's not more different then the size of woofer, there isn't much difference. The power handling,sensitivity, frequency respons is the same, some times a speaker reviewed by whathifi like the B&W 686,685,684 sounds a bit different, they get 3,4 and 5 stars starting from the smal one,the dynaudio's both get 5 stars and there seems to be nothing that's different about the sound, as there often could be if you compare 2 speakers from the same brand and series like the B&W 686/685 (started to look at them when i so an add where a store was selling the DM 2/7 with discount, for the same price as the DM 2/6)

Even the DM2/6 i have heard have a boomy bas (lots of bass) so it's not like the DM 2/6 don't have enough bass for most people,which for me is a good thing, beacuse then i wouldn't need a subwoofer if i bought a pair of DM 2/6

I am not at the moment gonna upgrade to the dynaudio's, mabye in 6 month, from my zensor 1 and jamo sub 200 that adds some bass the zensors is missing, unless you have a mic to messaure the frequency response, it could be difficult to adjust a subwoofer, especially in my case where my zensors are playing full frequency (not cut of in the bass, only have a reciver with no electronic crossover for the dalis) and the dalis might not be so powerfull in the mid bass (100-200hz)

What is the difference between the Dynaudio DM2/6 & DM 2/7

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Maybe you need to demo a set of Dynaudio X12, will provide you with a rich and a fast bass response! Keep in mind that the Dyns X12 are a detailed speaker and a smoth and silky mid range.

Listening right now to Alchemy Romeo and Juliet (vinyl) and you can ear over the music al the small noises of the crowd...

Really, a special set of speakers!

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Hi

Maybe you need to demo a set of Dynaudio X12, will provide you with a rich and a fast bass response! Keep in mind that the Dyns X12 are a detailed speaker and a smoth and silky mid range.

Listening right now to Alchemy Romeo and Juliet (vinyl) and you can ear over the music al the small noises of the crowd...

Really, a special set of speakers!

I demoed the 2/7s against the X12s and agree completely with Mr Outlaw.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the Dyn 2/7's and i can say the rock! they are an amazing speaker. I have heard very good things regarding the x12's so bear them in mind too, i would audition all. The tweeters on my 2/7's are incredible, as is the other driver. So fast, and have a beautiful sound.I am sure mine sound better than the ones i listened to in the shop too as mine have finally warn in. they took over a month i think to stop being so boomy and now the ranges all blend in together to my ears perfectly. basically when i was buying these speakers, i heard the 2/6's and then the 2/7's and wanted more base, so went with the 2/7's. I have a small room, and i do not find them too basy at all. just right for me. and they keep getting better. love them.

opium

May 30, 2010
Visit site
hi radiorog,

slightly off topic, may i know the size of your room approx. and how you have placed the speakers, distance from wall, between them and listening position and on which stands etc.

Actually i have the same speakers in a small room and having problems with it, Dynaudio on their website mentions 2/7 is for medium size rooms ..

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Opium, how's it going.

Well, yesterday i purchased a new amp, my rega brio-r, and this morning i did actually notice a little more boom than my old amp, that clearly had less bass weight. so on more bassy cd's i am placing the bungs in the rear ports, but only just in, not all the way. just enough to hold them in place as i am suspicious that the SQ will be effected otherwise. With the bungs in place, the excessive boom had comletely gone. So thats good....for now! lol.

My room is about 4x5m. I have one speaker on a chest of drawers...22cm away from rear wall. chest o.d is about 1 m high. the other speaker is on top of a wardrobe, about 180cm tall.this one is more in the corner, but again 22cm away from rear wall and about 30cm away from side wall. they are 130cm away from each other (centre of mid-driver to mid-driver).

I am currently playing around with bungs in and out to see how it effects SQ. the effects seem to be not a lot if anything...might even be positive effect i guess, as without the boom you can sometimes hear other frequecies that might have been "boomed over".

I highly expect i will keep these speakers instead of downsizing and just use the bungs, and hopefully move into a larger room one day!

Other than that, they sound awesome.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
radiorog said:
Hi Opium, how's it going.

Well, yesterday i purchased a new amp, my rega brio-r, and this morning i did actually notice a little more boom than my old amp, that clearly had less bass weight. so on more bassy cd's i am placing the bungs in the rear ports, but only just in, not all the way. just enough to hold them in place as i am suspicious that the SQ will be effected otherwise. With the bungs in place, the excessive boom had comletely gone. So thats good....for now! lol.

My room is about 4x5m. I have one speaker on a chest of drawers...22cm away from rear wall. chest o.d is about 1 m high. the other speaker is on top of a wardrobe, about 180cm tall.this one is more in the corner, but again 22cm away from rear wall and about 30cm away from side wall. they are 130cm away from each other (centre of mid-driver to mid-driver).

I am currently playing around with bungs in and out to see how it effects SQ. the effects seem to be not a lot if anything...might even be positive effect i guess, as without the boom you can sometimes hear other frequecies that might have been "boomed over".

I highly expect i will keep these speakers instead of downsizing and just use the bungs, and hopefully move into a larger room one day!

Other than that, they sound awesome.

I would experiment with isolating the speakers from the furniture. You could try Granite Worktop Savers sitting on rubber feet (speakers on Blu-tac) or Auralex Speakerdudes (check size).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Auralex-Speaker-Dudes-HD-speakerdudes/dp/B00266HBSU

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for advice Cno.,

what do you think would sound best, blue tac, speaker dudes, or granite? do spike isolaters work?

Thanks. The bungs have to stay i think for now, def a bit boomy without.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
radiorog said:
Thanks for advice Cno.,

what do you think would sound best, blue tac, speaker dudes, or granite? do spike isolaters work?

Thanks. The bungs have to stay i think for now, def a bit boomy without.

I was afraid you'd ask me that.

If you get the Granite from somewhere like Argos (around £10), you can return it for a refund.

So you might try this as the cheaper solution. ie. Small blobs of Blu-tac between speaker and Granite, and rubber (or Sorbothane) feet under Granite (you can use big blobs of Blu-tac if you're not worried about it (possibly) leaving a stain on the furniture.

I think the Auralex might be better, but it's worth trying the above first. It should make a good difference

Wolf75

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I don't like the X12 with the bungs, it changes complitly the sound of the twiter...brrrrr not for me...

I totally agree with you, the sound is much better without bungs! :cheers:

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hifi outlaw, how far away do you have to place the x12's to stop them from being boomy? My DM 2/7's are boomy at 22cm. would the x12's be boomy this far from a wall do you think?

Thanks.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
radiorog said:
Hifi outlaw, how far away do you have to place the x12's to stop them from being boomy? My DM 2/7's are boomy at 22cm. would the x12's be boomy this far from a wall do you think?

Thanks.

I've to check tomorow, now i'm in bed... But they are some good 50cm, maybe more!

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
well, i can't sleep. Too much music to listen to! :rockout:

top albums tonight i would totally recommend....Rumer - seasons of my soul (beautiful voice), and john Lee hooker's Mr.Lucky. (I cover the waterfront, is one of my alltime favourite songs).

Back on track...I moved my speakers back a couple more inches, as far as they can go, and boom was less. I think if they were 50cm out, there would def be no boom. I just need that bigger room now. I don't want to swap these speakers as they sound so good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts