What is the cheapest media player?

CaptainKirk

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What is a good reasonably priced media player that is compatible with a Sony Bravia HD TV?

It should be able to handle MKVs and - if possible - .rmvb, wmv etc files as well as AVIs ofcourse.

Internet connectivity would be good too. Thanks.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've just ordered a Sony SMP-N100 for 87.99 from Amazont.
It does what I want (iplayer etc) and has wireless connection.

You will have to check it does what you want in terms of compatiblity of file types, but or for not much more, a Sony S370 blu Ray.

naughty573

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
the biggest problem with the sony BDP-S370 as a media player is that it only recognises FAT32 hard drives hence the biggest file size it will be able to play is around 4 gigs - the newer Sony BDP-S380 also recognises NTFS - so if you have 20 gig+ sized files stored for movies then it will play those as well

i have tried a few stand-alone media players from Transcend and Apacer and the one im currently really happy with because it passes through DTS-HD(ma) while playing mkv files is the Mede8er MED500x - i will also be getting an AC Ryan FLUXX when it is available because the FLUXX handles more formats - but it isnt cheap ..... comparatively cheap combined with functional features will be the AC Ryan Playon HD2 or the mede8er MED400x mini

TRENDING THREADS